If you want to dress like Blair, but have a little less cash to spare, here are some tips from a personal shopper that knows how you can look like a million bucks without spending it:
- If buying high-end brands straight off the rack is not within your budget (or not your style – you’re more savvy than that!), get registered and shop sites like: gilt.com, ruelala.com, billiondollarbabes.com. You’ll be buying the same couture Blair is wearing but at a fraction of the price.
- If making investments in designer brands doesn’t fit within your budget but you still want to look like an “uptown girl” try renting these looks from sites like: renttherunway.com or bagborroworsteal.com. This is also a fabulous concept for those of us that want to be wearing the high-end trends of the moment, but don’t want to spend a lot of money to do so.
- Blair has a classic style but is careful to always choose pieces with feminine details. Some of my favorite stores that with a little digging you can always find the high-end knock-offs of much of her wardrobe are: Zara, Ann Taylor (yes, AT – she’s back!), J.Crew, H&M, Forever 21 and Banana Republic.
- Shop NOW to reap the benefits of the end-of-season bargains. Every retailer wants nothing more than to move their winter wares to make room for spring, so now is the time to find in-store and online the best deals of the year on high-end brands. Comb the sales racks at Saks, Neiman’s and Barney’s – you’re sure to find your very own Blair-approved pieces!
- Instead of buying a bunch of new apparel invest in some high-quality accessories. Nothing makes an ordinary outfit look instantly put-together quicker than when you finish the look off with a fabulous pair of designer sunglasses, watch or shoes.To find all of these types of pieces at a great deal month after month I shop: bluefly.com, endless.com and theoutnet.com
Written By: Jennifer Bakken of Cabinet d’Envie – www.cabinetdenvie.com