With Fox’s new series The Following premiering this January, the network has put together a pretty cool promotional stunt to make sure everyone is aware of the creepy, awesome new series!
In select cities across the country, a team of individuals posing as workers for the show’s serial killer, Joe Carroll (James Purefoy), have been let loose and will be roaming the streets of a city near you looking to recruit the masses! This stunt will take place on Halloween, Wednesday, October 31 in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, Washington, DC, Houston and Detroit (exact locations below).
- Los Angeles – 2012 West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval (Santa Monica Blvd. West Hollywood)
- New York – New York’s Village Halloween Parade (6th Avenue South of Spring Street and North of Canal)
- Boston – Bars/Restaurants (Boylston/Charles/Lansdowne Streets)
- Chicago – Chicago Halloween 2012: Halloween Parade Chicago (Halsted from Waveland to Belmont)
- Atlanta – Restaurants / Bars (Little Five Points)
- Dallas – Restaurants / Bars (Deep Ellum)
- Washington D.C. – Restaurants / Bars (Georgetown)
- Philadelphia – Restaurants / Bars (Center City West, Rittenhouse Square)
- Houston – Washington Avenue Halloween Block Party
- Detroit – Downtown (Foxtown/Theater district)
These “followers,” can be spotted covered in head-to-toe explicit writing such as “even serial killers have friends” and “do I look like a killer,” and “friend neighbor killer.” They are giving out limited edition THE FOLLOWING holographic bookmarks (see images below), which direct to “wearethefollowing.com” – where hopefuls can join the following and begin receiving special messages from cult leader, Joe Carroll. Follow Joe now at wearethefollowing.com.
If you’re not familiar with The Following, we have the official series description for you below!
THE FOLLOWING, a psychological thriller created by Kevin Williamson (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Dawson’s Creek,” “Scream” franchise) and starring Golden Globe Award-winning actor Kevin Bacon (“X-Men: The Last Stand,” “Frost/Nixon”) and James Purefoy (“Rome”), launches Monday, Jan. 21 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The intense, spellbinding drama follows RYAN HARDY (Bacon), an ex-FBI agent called out of retirement to track down JOE CARROLL (Purefoy), a devious and diabolical serial killer, and the mastermind behind an ever-growing web of killers.
Intrigued? Check out the new promo below!
Will you be watching The Following this winter on Fox?