X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie franchises you wish would start up again

We all wish that certain movie franchises would finally come to a screeching halt and die off ("Paranormal Activity" any one?). But, as bad as some of the sequels have been, there are several movie series that have gone away that i wish would come back. I don't want them back as remakes---but as genuine sequels. Some movies (like the popular "Star Wars" films) have sequels planned already. I'm NOT talking about those films. I'm talking about the franchises that have already played out and are done. Here are just a few I wish would return:

A) The "Jaws" series: The first one was excellent. "Jaws 2" was a rehash. Jaws 3D" and "Jaws the Revenge" were god-awful....But I still want "Jaws 5" and "Jaws 6" and "Jaws 37"...

B) "The Exorcist" series: Again---just as with "Jaws"--the first was brilliant and then it all went down hill from there with the 4th (BOTH versions--"Exorcist: The Beginning" and "Exorcist: Dominion") being the absolute WORST! But I'm game for another. Bring Linda Blair back. What's she been up to since "Exorcist 2: The Heretic". Did she have any possessed kids of her own? Did she become an exorcist herself? Is she possessed again? I wanna know!

C) The "Airport" films: OMG! Those were such delightful trash! And they got BETTER (i.e. more outrageous) as the series went on! "Airport 75" is my fave, but "Airport 79" was also a big hoot! Ha!

D) "Austin Powers": LOVED them! Again--the first was the best. It's hard to imagine it was originally a bomb when it came out---only developed a following on home video. But I knew... I was in the theater when the original came out, baby! That was a great, fun series.

Others i wish had continued on but that got waylaid by remakes include "The Planet of the Apes", "The Omen", "Friday the 13th", "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Halloween".

What film series would you like to see continued?
    Last edited by Monster_A_GoGo; 06-17-2013, 07:46 PM.

80's!

Alll of the fun 80's movies-Weekend at Bernies; Ghostbuster's; wow, soooo many to list!

Comment

Originally posted by MonCherie View Post
      Alll of the fun 80's movies-Weekend at Bernies; Ghostbuster's; wow, soooo many to list!
      I'vr actually been hearing talk of a GHOSTBUSTERS 3 already. As for another WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S...uh, don't you think Bernie would be a little...decomposed by now? Ha! But hey---why not? Maybe Bernie is just "away" and "sending postcards home" or something?

Comment

That first post is golden! I'd love to see more Austin Powers and Jaws. There's been rumors of a Ghostbusters 3 for a year or so, would love to see that happen. Gremlins is near the top of my list, and it's in the works. As lame as they've gotten over the years, I'd love to see another Chucky or two hit theaters. Same thing with Neverending Story.

Comment

yeah ive heard of talk of ghostbusters 3 also, i forget what the hold up was on that though. someone didn't want to do it or something.

i loved the weekend at burnies movies. would love to see andrew mccarthey and ben silverman find maybe another "body" at bernie's place or something. i don't think they can use bernie again (as someone said before he would be way too decomposed by now)

Comment

There have been a lot of rumors about Ghostbusters 3. Mainly, most articles say that Bill Murray is holding out and not very interested. He had suggested that he wanted to die in the movie and come back as a ghost but producers didn't want that.

Most recent articles suggest that the movie would be a passing of the franchise. The Ghostbusters are getting too old and out of shape to do it anymore and the movie would be about recruiting new Ghostbusters to take over. Future movies would be centered on the new crew with maybe cameos by the originals. Names that I've heard mentioned as "new" Ghostbusters include Anna Faris and Bill Hader.

Comment

Chucky, but not the comedy themes ones. The old ones that had the ability to actually scare people. A remake on the Guyver would be cool too. I know that movie was really bad but for some reason I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by austieb7 View Post
                Chucky, but not the comedy themes ones. The old ones that had the ability to actually scare people. A remake on the Guyver would be cool too. I know that movie was really bad but for some reason I love it.

There actually is supposed to be a movie out later this year called "Curse of Chucky" which is supposed to be a darker, scarier retelling of the original. They're trying to take it back to its horror roots

Comment

Originally posted by jmcharries View Post
                  There actually is supposed to be a movie out later this year called "Curse of Chucky" which is supposed to be a darker, scarier retelling of the original. They're trying to take it back to its horror roots
                  What!? That's awesome! Hopefully they can get it right with this one. The last two movies were two of the worst movies I've ever seen. Comedy Chucky just doesn't work. Can't wait till it comes out! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by monster_a_gogo View Post
                    we all wish that certain movie franchises would finally come to a screeching halt and die off ("paranormal activity" any one?). But, as bad as some of the sequels have been, there are several movie series that have gone away that i wish would come back. I don't want them back as remakes---but as genuine sequels. Some movies (like the popular "star wars" films) have sequels planned already. I'm not talking about those films. I'm talking about the franchises that have already played out and are done. Here are just a few i wish would return:

A) the "jaws" series: The first one was excellent. "jaws 2" was a rehash. Jas 3d" and "jaws the revenge" were god-awful....but i still want "jaws 5" and "jaws 6" and "jaws 37"...

B) "the exorcist" series: Again---just as with "jaws"--the first was brilliant and then it all went down hill from there with the 4th (both versions--"exorcist: The beginning" and "exorcist: Dominion") being the absolute worst! But i'm game for another. Bring linda blair back. What's she been up to since "exorcist 2: The heretic". Did she have any possessed kids of her own? Did she become an exorcist herself? Is she possessed again? I wanna know!

C) the "airport" films: Omg! Those were such delightful trash! And they got better (i.e. More outrageous) as the series went on! "airport 75" is my fave, but "airport 79" was also a big hoot! Ha!

D) "austin powers": Loved them! Again--the first was the best. It's hard to imagine it was originally a bomb when it came out---only developed a following on home video. But i knew... I was in the theater when the original came out, baby! That was a great, fun series.

Others i wish had continued on but that got waylaid by remakes include "the planet of the apes", "the omen", "friday the 13th", "a nightmare on elm street" and "halloween".

What film series would you like to see continued?
                    i thouroughly agree !!

Comment

The 80's had so many great movies. I would like to see an expansion to Back to The Future. That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by austieb7 View Post
                        What!? That's awesome! Hopefully they can get it right with this one. The last two movies were two of the worst movies I've ever seen. Comedy Chucky just doesn't work. Can't wait till it comes out! Thanks for the info.
                        I kind of disagree - while it has gone away from it's origins I still enjoy the last couple of tongue-in-cheek silly ones. It's like they know it's cheesy and we're in on the joke.

The new one will still have Brad Dorif as the voice of Chuck which will be cool. I like stuff like that just like I enjoy Robert Englund as Freddy

Comment

Although they weren't a "series", I wish the big cheesy all-star disaster movies of the 70s would come back. How about "Earthquake 2" or "Another Towering Inferno" or "Son of the Poseidon Adventure"??? "Airport 2013" could totally happen. Who could we dig up for an all-star cast of has-beens? David Hasselhoff, of course. Hmmm... Meg Ryan, Julia Roberts, Carrie Fisher (have you seen her lately? SCARY!), Fred Savage, Mario Lopez, Elizabeth Berkeley, Annie Potts, Peter Scalari, Bronson Pinchot, Catherine Bach, Lisa Welchel, Johnny Whitiker, and Donny Most.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcharries View Post
                            I kind of disagree - while it has gone away from it's origins I still enjoy the last couple of tongue-in-cheek silly ones. It's like they know it's cheesy and we're in on the joke.

The new one will still have Brad Dorif as the voice of Chuck which will be cool. I like stuff like that just like I enjoy Robert Englund as Freddy
                            Just saw this tidbit on the new CHUCKY flick:

“CURSE OF CHUCKY” is dated, new photo! | FANGORIAŽ

Direct to video in September...

Comment

Nah, i don't think any of the older movies should come back.
                              No matter how hard they try to bring back the good old movies, they just don't make them like they used to anymore.
                              I want originality and creativeness.

Comment

Working...
                              X