• Cartoons you grew up on

So what were some of you favorite cartoons you grew up on....I loved

1.My little pony
    2.Smurfs
    3.Gummi Bears
    4.Jem
    5.Care Bears
    6.Rainbow Brite
    7.Teenage mutant ninja turtles yes I said it thanks to my younger brother who begged me at the time to watch this and He man with him lol.

Cartoons I liked as an adult

1.Powerpuff Girls
    2.Sailor moon and if they were still on I still probably watch them lol.

Others I kind of liked Chip and Dale rescue rangers, and Muppet babies,Adventures of the little koala.

I will add Jetsons, Flinstones, and Inspector Gadget.

Comment

I am a 70's baby so I grew up on quite a few of the ones that some of you's watched as reruns. My cartoons only were on Saturday Mornings for a few hours.
      1. CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
      2. The Flintstones
      3. Hon Kong Fuie
      4. Josie and the Pussycats
      5. Johny Quest
      6. Speed Racer
      7.The Super Friends
      8.Rocky & Bullwinkle
      9. Underdog
      10. Woody Woodpecker
      11.Huckleberry Hound
      12.Yogi Bear
      13. wacky racers

I remember my sisters watching early 80's
      1.Jem and the Holograms
      2. Adventures of the Get Along Gang
      3.Dungeons and Dragons
      4.Fangface and Fangpuss
      5. The Jetsons
      6.Kidd Video
      7. The Littles
      8.Pac Man
      9. The Snorks
      10. The smurfs

Comment

The get along gang I remember that one well and the song too.I also remember The littles and Zoobely zoo which was not a cartoon but I loved it. A lot of my cartoons were Saturday morning too for awhile and than they went to weekdays early in the morning you'd watch them while getting ready for school.
        Last edited by OCNSADOTHFAN78; 01-28-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashdown mommy View Post
          I am a 70's baby so I grew up on quite a few of the ones that some of you's watched as reruns. My cartoons only were on Saturday Mornings for a few hours.
          1. CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
          2. The Flintstones
          3. Hon Kong Fuie
          4. Josie and the Pussycats
          5. Johny Quest
          6. Speed Racer
          7.The Super Friends
          8.Rocky & Bullwinkle
          9. Underdog
          10. Woody Woodpecker
          11.Huckleberry Hound
          12.Yogi Bear
          13. wacky racers
          That's totally MY era as well! Some I watched that you missed were "Goober and the Ghost Chasers", "The Phunky Phantom", "Jabberjaw", "The Brady Kids", "Scooby Doo", "Inch High Private Eye", "Tom & Jerry / Grape Ape Show", "Pebbles & Bam Bam Show", "The Jetsons", "New Adventures of Gilligan's Island", "Gilligan's Planet" and--while technically NOT cartoons, these "live-action cartoons" were marketed to the same Saturday morning crowd: "Land of the Lost", "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters", "Bugaloos", "Lost Saucer" "Ghostbusters" (before the movies), "Far-Out Space Nuts", "Kroft Super Show" (which featured "Dr. Shrinker", "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl", "Wonderbug", "Bigfoot and Wild Boy"), "Shazam", "Isis", "Lidsville", "Pufnstuf", "The Hudson Brothers Comedy Hour"...and something else with Jonathan Harris (Dr, Smith from "Lost in Space") as a magician (??) or something who introduced several different cartoon segments--like "Fraidy Cat".

Comment

And the "Groovy Ghoulies"!!

Comment

I have seen reruns of original Land of Lost....But they also remade one for the early 90s....I used to watch it Saturday mornings and the ended credits would say 1991. It also had a character named Krista, a female cave girl they found the 90s one that is.

Comment

^Saw most of the shows mentioned. But remember loving the following:

Care Bear
                My Little Pony
                Smurfs
                The Flintstones
                Rainbow Brite
                Thundercats (the orginal)
                Alvin and the Chipmunks
                Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
                Looney Tunes
                Animanics
                Powderpuff Girls

Comment

Originally posted by OCNSADOTHFAN78 View Post
                  I have seen reruns of original Land of Lost....But they also remade one for the early 90s....I used to watch it Saturday mornings and the ended credits would say 1991. It also had a character named Krista, a female cave girl they found the 90s one that is.
                  Oh yes---forgot about the remake. i DID see it (bought it) back in the old VHS days. I'd forgotten about it though. Thanks for reminding me!

Comment

Originally posted by Crashdown mommy View Post
                    1. CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
                    Oh my stars! I was just watching this silly People of WalMart video...and at the 2:09 mark, believe it or not there's a CAPTAIN CAVEMAN reference! ha! I thought I'd share (the video is pretty funny/gross anyway).

Scary People at Walmart! -- People of Walmart Music Video by Sloppy Secondz - YouTube

Cheers!

Just flashed on another title---this was my brother's favorite: "The Hair Bear Bunch"
                    Last edited by Essy; 03-14-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

How about the cartoon version of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch"---which came LONG before the live-action series.

Comment

Does anyone remember "The Addams Family" cartoon that ran for two seasons? As I recall, their house was on wheels and it drove around the country. Jodie Foster voiced Pugsley, I believe.

Comment

haha honestly, South Park.
                          But of course I spent most of my time THEN watching stuff on disney and nickelodeon.
                          Little Bear, Franklin, Hey Arnold...etc

Comment

Originally posted by Monster_A_GoGo View Post
                            Does anyone remember "The Addams Family" cartoon that ran for two seasons? As I recall, their house was on wheels and it drove around the country. Jodie Foster voiced Pugsley, I believe.
                            lol GoGo I do remember it vaguely. I think my sisters may have watched it.

I remember my sisters watching Jem and the holograms and sh-era princess of powers and of course Dungeon and dragons. lol we can't forget the Smurfs. lol gotta love the 80's cartoons.

Comment

my favorite cartoon scooby dooby doo.............

Comment

Working...
                              X