X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primeval

Okay, seriously how is there not a thread for this show? It's amazing, my favorite BBCA show right now.

"Primeval follows a team of five scientists tasked with investigating the appearance of temporal anomalies across Great Britain through which prehistoric and futuristic creatures enter the present."

A friend of mine suggested I watch it, and since it's an instant watch on Netflix, I checked it out. I ended up watching the first three seasons within five days, and I'm utterly addicted. The storylines can be a bit silly, but it's a fun mix of Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Jurassic Park that keeps you really interested.

Season four is supposed to be done filming in November and will air in the UK January 2011. I'm hoping it hits BBCA not too long after that, I'm ridiculously excited.

If you're a fan of BBC shows like Doctor Who, make sure you check it out!

So it's good? I've had Netflix recommend it to me but never got around to getting it. If it's on Instant though, that's much more convenient. I used to watch a lot of British shows but now I'm down to just Merlin. (Didn't really care for Skins gen2, still mad about Torchwood, kind of quit Doctor Who...) Maybe I'll give this one a shot.

Comment

Yes I just check Netflix as I have a account s1-s3 are on the instant watch.. just put it in my quar to watch when I get a chance.

Comment

Primeval is like if you took the Tennant years of Doctor Who and season two of Torchwood, and then tossed it onto the Jurassic Park island. Some of it is a bit corny, a lot how Doctor Who can be - cybermenareridiculous - but it's all good fun. And like the RTD shows, the special effects get a bit better as the series goes on. The dinosaur in the first episode was like something out of a Jaws movie, so horrible!

The casting is AMAZING. I don't think anyone could ever come up with a better cast than this. It changes quite quickly in the three seasons, but I found it impossibly easy to get attached to characters quickly. The season one team was my favorite, Douglas Henshall and Andrew Lee Potts are adorable as all get out. I don't think I've ever seen a cast that is this easy to really fall in love with, but that may just be all the blue eyed men they put on screen to distract me.

I'd for sure suggest you both check it out though, it's a really good show! Catch me on AIM or something and let me know how you like it, I only know two other people who watch Primeval. I need Primeval friends haha!

Comment

LOL Chloe @ the blue ryed men they were buff men as well>

Comment

Did you watch some Primeval?!

Comment

Not yet but I know you as soon as I heard blue eyed guys I also knew that there was hot guys.. I am gonna try to watch this weekend.

Comment

i didn't know they were even doing a season 4, thanks for the info

Comment

Season One was excellent. The team (both the actors and the characters) were terrific. The stories were solid. Season Two went downhill, and the momentum just keeps building. I watched them all through Season Three, but it was more in the vein of staring at a road accident. I would think things couldn't get any worse, but it did.

I understand they're renewed for two seasons, so if you've enjoyed the stupidity of the last couple of seasons, you're in luck.

Comment

^ Part of that, I agree with! I don't it necessarily got THAT bad, but there were some casting changes (mainly) that made me squirm. The effects and the like got better, but the whole Helen story got worse, and they added in Danny Quinn, who I would love nothing more than to shoot myself. I've dreamt of giving him that season two death scene.

The season one cast was by far the best. If they could take that cast, add in Becker (Ben Mansfield is brilliant), and keep it, I would be in heaven. Cutter, Stephen, Connor, Abby, Claudia, Becker, and Lester would be amazing!

But even through season three, I loved the show, and with the new casting changes for season four, I'm confident it'll come back strong.
                    Last edited by Maddy; 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I really like (<3) Primeval!! I was really upset about Stephen, but Captain Becker kinda made up for it especially with Season 3 episode 7. Connor, by far is my favorite character!!

Comment

i won't lie at first i wasn't going to even consider this show something to watch but Michele kept her strong will to get everyone at my house hold to try it out, my sister's seen it first and than after finally caving in I started at season 4 and now watching some of the season it's an intriguing show. It of course is like Jurassic Park, and it seems to keep you entertained I am still getting into the show and trying to finish some of the seasons but as of right now Captain Becker is the most amazing character on the show of course he's my favorite but steven, cutter and connor aren't half as bad either. I am glad I got into the show!

Comment

Has Season 4 started airing anywhere yet? We don't have TV, so I try to find places I can watch shows online (PBS.com, Hulu). I'm willing to give the latest incarnation of the show a try, if I can watch online.

Comment

I didn't see this until just now! Season 4 aired on Watch.tv this season (the finale is tomorrow, Tuesday 6/28), which isn't available in the US. I've been downloading them all season, they're fairly easy to find.

For those who aren't caught up, I guess it'll be showing on ITV/BBCA at the end of 2011 or the beginning of 2012. After those ratings are calculated, they'll decide whether or not they want to go on with season 5.

Comment

I finally started watching since there isn't a lot of summer tv right now. I think I have one episode left of the first season. Pretty good so far, although I'm not super invested...yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X