X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gossip Girl Music Thread #1

With Josh Schwartz behind this show, you know the music is going to be awesome! Already there's a lot of questions about the music featured in the promos, so I thought I'd start a thread for it. Make sure you let us know if anything is missing! Hopefully we can keep it up to date through out the season.

Episode Music

1.01 Pilot
    1.02 The Wild Brunch
    1.03 Poison Ivy
    1.04 Bad News Blair
    1.05 Dare Devil
    1.06 The Handmaiden's Tale
    1.07 Victor, Victrola
    1.08 Seventeen Candles
    1.09 Blair Waldorf Must Pie!
    1.10 Hi, Society
    1.11 Roman Holiday
    1.12 School Lies
    1.13 Thin Line Between Chuck & Nate
    1.14 The Blair Bitch Project
    1.15 Desperately Seeking Serena
    1.16 All About My Brother
    1.17 Woman On the Verge
    1.18 Much 'I Do' About Nothing

Other Music

Promos
    Blair's Playlist
    Serena's Playlist
    Dan's Playlist
    Jenny's Playlist
    Chuck's Playlist
    Nate's Playlist
    Rufus' Playlist
    Lily's Playlist

http://cwtv.com/thecw/ggmusic
    http://www.tvshowmusic.com/shows/gossipgirl.html
    Last edited by Amanda; 06-08-2008, 11:09 AM.

Promo Music

Fergie - "Glamorous"
    Justin Timberlake - "What Goes Around Comes Around"
    Snow Patrol - "Open Your Eyes"
    Nelly Furtado - "Afraid"
    Gwen Stefani - "Sweet Escape"
    Young Love - "Find A New Way"
    The Wilshires - "Shine"
    Samantha Newark - "It's All On You"
    Until June - "You Do"
    All American Rejects - "Dirty Little Secret"
    Aqualung - "Something To Believe In"
    The Windupdeads - "Reverse of Shade"

Okay, I pulled together everything that has been identified so far, but let me know if I missed one!

If anyone can identify the songs featured in these promos, a LOT of people would be grateful!

Song #1: IDENTIFIED! The Windupdeads - "Reverse of Shade"

Blair
    Nate
    Chuck

Song #2:

Serena
    Dan
    Jenny
    Last edited by Amanda; 12-18-2007, 03:01 AM.

Comment

I'll try and thanks for the thread <3

Comment

Trailer Song?

"Slip away. You'll never make it through"

That's all I could hear... It's not Samantha Newark, it's a guy... Sounds like a band so not a solo artist, maybe though. If anyone knows let me know please!

Comment

When anybody watches the Pilot, please tell me the name of the last song played in it. I think I recognize the voice, but no luck!

Comment

Hopefully the CW will post the music like they do for a lot of shows. Until then, here's a mostly complete list of songs from tvshowmusic.com

1.01 Pilot

* "Young Folks" by Peter Bjorn & John. Serena returns; Dan & Jenny greet their dad.
            * "If It's Lovin' That You Want (Part 2)" by Rihanna ft. Cory Gunz. News of Serena's return spreads; Blair 'borrows' Nate.
            * "What Goes Around... Comes Around" by Justin Timberlake. Serena's arrival interrupts Blair & Nate's make-out session.
            * "Diamond Hipster Boy" by Washington Social Club. Dan, Jenny & their dad chat during breakfast.
            * "Concerto In G" by Antonio Vivaldi. Dan runs to catch the bus & overhears Nate & Chuck discussing Serena.
            * "99 Percent" by Mooney Suzuki. Dan & his father post flyers.
            * "Bounce With Me" by Kreesha Turner. Jenny gives Serena an invite to Blair's 'Kiss On The Lips' party.
            * "Back To Black" by Amy Winehouse. Blair & Serena catch up.
            * "Space For Rent" by Who Made Who. Dan & Jenny discuss Serena.
            * "Send You Back" by Matthew Dear. Chuck & Serena 'banter'.
            * "Photograph" by Air. Flashback of Serena & Nate; Chuck hits on Serena.
            * "Joyful Waltz" by Zdenek Bartak. Dan returns Serena's cell phone.
            * "Hang Me Up To Dry" by Cold War Kids. Nate makes up with Blair.
            * "Time Won't Let Me Go" by The Bravery. Lily confronts Rufus
            * "Hard To Live In The City" by Alberta Hammond Jr. Limo ride; Dan arrives to meet Serena.
            * "The Way I Are" by Timbaland ft Keri Hilson & D.O.E. The Kiss On The Lips party starts; Chuck targets Jenny.
            * "Go" by Hanson. Dan introduces Serena to his father.
            * "Don't Matter" by Akon. Chuck lures Jenny away from the party.
            * "Knock Knock" by Lyrics Born. Dan & Serena look for Jenny at the party.
            * "The Gift" by Angels & Airwaves. Serena goes to visit Eric earlier on; Jenny, Dan & Serena leave the party.
            Last edited by Amanda; 09-20-2007, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I'm obsesseed with "The Gift" and "Hard To Live In The City"

Comment

I kind of love myself for having most of these songs on my iPod already. I was happy to hear familiar songs!

Comment

^ I totally agree. The O.C.'s music was too weird, but with GG, you know some of the music, some of it may be on your iPod, some you don't know and it's awesome! But with The O.C., it was all indie...

Comment

I loved OC music. It was just awesome with the unknown music you wanted to download. Obviously it was good if you like indie and I love indie so it was pretty awesome for me At first GG music bugged me, but now it's grown on me so hearing top 40 hits isn't bothering me so much. At least they fit inp arties and in certain scenes!

Comment

They now have a music section and one video so far

http://cwtv.com/thecw/ggmusic

Comment

Oh, that's awesome! Yay! I was go glad when we found out Alex was doing the music for GG since The OC had such amazing music. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the show has to offer in terms of discovering new bands.

Comment

Originally posted by azuline View Post
                          Oh, that's awesome! Yay! I was go glad when we found out Alex was doing the music for GG since The OC had such amazing music. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the show has to offer in terms of discovering new bands.

Yes but her first gig was Roswell another show driven by music. I think all her shows I would consider music as a character all their own. The change of a song can change the setting/mood of a scene.

Comment

Blair's Playlist

01. "Believe" - The Bravery
                            02. "What Goes Around..." - Justin Timberlake
                            03. "Wasted" - Cartel
                            04. "It's OK, But Just This Once" - Gym Class Heroes
                            05. "Apologize" - Timbaland ft. One Republic
                            06. "Makes Me Wonder" - Maroon 5
                            07. "When It Rains" - Paramore
                            08. "The Gift" - Angels & Airwaves
                            09. "Chick Fit" - All Saints
                            10. "So Uncool" - Lucy Walsh
                            11. "So So Cold" - Hot Hot Heat
                            12. "Keep It Movin'" - Keke Palmer
                            13. "These Boots Were Made For Walking" - Nancy Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by Fraz View Post
                              Yes but her first gig was Roswell another show driven by music. I think all her shows I would consider music as a character all their own. The change of a song can change the setting/mood of a scene.
                              Roswell had amazing music. I wish the old sites were still up with all the songs since I always want to hear the music again when I see the repeats on Sci Fi or watch my old tapes. I hated that they had to change the music for the DVDs because the old music really made the scenes. That just shows you how important is because a different song can take the scene in a completely different direction IMO.

I know Alex said this show is going to be more pop and mainstream with the music choices but I hope we get to discover new stuff as well and not just a lot of top 40.

And since we're on the subject of music, I hope we get to see Rufus' band perform at some point!

Comment

Working...
                              X