X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger Games News

Please post news on the Hunger Games here. Please remember to post a link to the source.

Production stars on 'Catching Fire,' the sequel to 'The Hunger Games'
    Jennifer Lawrence & co. are joined by Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright and Sam Claflin for sequel

Katniss Everdeen is back on the run.

Cameras started rolling Monday near Atlanta on the first official day of production for “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” the sequel to this year’s box office hit.

Based on the second book of Suzanne Collins’ dystopian trilogy, the movie picks up after Katniss’ (Jennifer Lawrence) victory in the televised games that pit children against children to the death. The unlikely 16-year-old heroine now faces both the wrath of President Snow (Donald Sutherland) and a choice between the affections of her life-long friend Gale (Liam Hemsworth) and fellow Hunger Games survivor Peta (Josh Hutcherson).

“The stakes are raised in every way in this second story, and we are thrilled to get the production underway in these perfect locations, with our excellent returning cast and some world class actors in new roles,” said Lionsgate President of Production Eric Feig in a statement.
    Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks and Lenny Kravitz also reprise their roles from “The Hunger Games” in the sequel. There are no faces, however, added to the cast — including Sam Claflin, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright, Amanda Plummer and Jena Malone — and behind the camera. “Water for Elephants” director Francis Lawrence takes over helming duties from Gary Ross.

The expectations are high: “The Hunger Games” earned $700 million at the box office worldwide.

Production will continue in Atlanta, before moving to the beaches of Hawaii ahead of the film’s scheduled wrap in December.

Lionsgate also announced a global set visit sweepstakes which runs through Oct. 12 and offers the chance for 12 winners to see the action first hand during filming. (See catchingfiresweeps.com for details.)

Fans who don’t win will have to wait a bit longer to see it for themselves: “Catching Fire” will hit theaters on November 22, 2013.

Read more: Production starts on 'Catching Fire,' the sequel to 'The Hunger Games' - NY Daily News
    Last edited by Essy; 09-11-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Links to Fanbolt Entertainment Headlines Hunger games news

Jeffrey Wright Joins 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire'

'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Begins Production In Atlanta

Comment

Official: Catching Fire casting complete: Meet your tributes!!

The official Facebook page for Catching Fire has been updated with the full cast for the film:

lots of photos and info at the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/TheHungerGa...32927770063734

Comment

Buffy Alum Danny Strong to Write The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - IGN

Comment

Extras casting call: "Catching Fire" seeks party-scene Fashionistas | The Buzz

Comment

PHOTO: Lenny Kravitz (Cinna) & Woody Harrelson (Haymitch) reunited for 'Catching Fire'

PHOTO: Lenny Kravitz (Cinna) & Woody Harrelson (Haymitch) reunited for 'Catching Fire' | The Hunger Gamers - Home of the Hunger Games Fans | TheHungerGamers.tk

Comment

New Set Picture: Woody Harrelson and Josh Hutcherson on the set of the Hunger Games Catching Fire.

Comment

'Hunger Games': Creating signature styles | PopStyle | EW.com

Comment

2013 movie preview: 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire,' 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Iron Man 3' and more big movies - Zap2it

Comment

Josh Hutcherson and Jennifer Lawrence are set to attend this year’s People’s Choice Awards! ‘The Hunger Games’ is up for a fantastic 7 nominations, including favorite movie, and there is still time left to vote over at PeoplesChoice.com for the category of Favorite Movie Fan Following. So come on tributes, get voting and give the Twihards, Potterheads and Ringers some competition!

Comment

'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Photo: Katniss Everdeen Has Us in Her Sights!

The first official promo images for the upcoming Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire, have been shared via Entertainment Weekly’s Facebook page in anticipation of being on the cover of the magazine later this week. For starters, here's a shot of Jennifer Lawrence and Sam Claflin as Katniss and Finnick, ready to dive into action:

And EW also shared this image in preparation for its cover package! Check it out below:

Catching Fire was voted the Most Anticipated Film of 2013 by Fandango’s readers. It continues the on-screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ best-selling literary series. In addition to Lawrence, the sequel returns original Hunger Games stars Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks and Woody Harrelson.

Francis Lawrence steps into the director’s chair, and plans to continue through the rest of the saga for the two-part Mockingjay adaptation. Fans, obviously, are awaiting a Catching Fire trailer, but this photo will have to do as the wheels begin to turn and we get closer to the Catching Fire release date of Nov. 22, 2013.

'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Photo: Katniss Everdeen Has Us in Her Sights! - Fandango.com

Comment

This Week's Cover: Your first look at 'Hunger Games' sequel, 'Catching Fire'

The revolution has been sparked. In this week’s cover story, EW traveled to Waikiki, Hawaii where cast and crew were in the final days of production on the eagerly anticipated Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire (in theaters Nov. 21). Just as the revolution that could embolden the people of Panem rests on young Katniss Everdeen’s shoulders, the success of the franchise depends largely upon Jennifer Lawrence. After spending the day outrunning death in a nearby jungle, the 22-year-old actress ordered herself a Budweiser and kicked back in the Trump balcony lounge to discuss the sequel, her life now as a blockbuster star, and her willful inability to behave like the nice sound-bite machine Hollywood might expect her to be. “It’s almost like I subconsciously don’t want to work anymore so I’m trying to ruin my career,” she says with a laugh at one point, before leaning in close to the reporter’s tape recorder. “I’m pregnant!” she joked.

From her first meeting with new director Francis Lawrence (“I spit egg inside his mouth when I was talking. Into his mouth”) to the raucous party she hosted for the Catching Fire cast and crew (“When Sam walked in I was chasing Woody and we’d flipped over my couch and Woody had a sock all the way down my throat…”), Lawrence was frank and funny and self-aware. “I’m so aware of all the b.s. that surrounds Hollywood,” she says, “and how everyone gets on this high horse and thinks that they’re curing cancer and it makes me so uncomfortable every time I see it. So I go in the exact opposite direction and end up saying something like ‘I’m pregnant!’ when I’m in two franchises.”

Then in an exclusive conversation, director Francis Lawrence described his vision for the sequel, his immediate three-day pow-wow with series writer Suzanne Collins to ready a script, and how one of his inherited cast members had a particularly hard time adjusting to the loss of Hunger Games director Gary Ross. (Woody Harrelson, who plays Katniss and Peeta’s wry and PTSD-ruined wreck of a mentor Haymitch.)

EW also sat down with Sam Claflin, the green-eyed, dimpled Brit who won the role of District 4′s charming and enigmatic golden boy Finnick Odair, for his first Hunger Games interview. He described filming the infamous sugar cube scene, in which Finnick teases Katniss while wearing nothing beyond some strategically placed netting, as “the scariest moment of my life. I’m on Twitter and so many people have been like ‘Don’t mess this up, or we will kill you.’”

'Catching Fire': This week's EW cover | PopWatch | EW.com

Comment

Finnick and Katniss! hell yeah. Love the cover!

Comment

'Hunger Games: Catching Fire': New Photos!

click here to view gallery
                              Last edited by vamplover; 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X