X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OC "Bait Shop" Spoilers and Speculation thread #173

Welcome to THE O.C. – where the lives of a group of families and friends have been altered by the arrival of an outsider to their Newport Beach community in Orange County, California.

By the time Ryan Atwood (Benjamin McKenzie) settled in after his first year in Newport Beach with Sandy (Peter Gallagher) and Kirsten (Kelly Rowan) Cohen and their son Seth (Adam Brody), the Cohen family had irrevocably changed.

After sailing to Portland, Seth (Adam Brody) returned home to reunite with the love of his life, Summer Roberts (Rachel Bilson). But when the school year started, Ryan’s relationship with Marissa (Mischa Barton) had ended and Summer had met Zach (guest star Michael Cassidy), with whom Seth would compete all year for Summer’s affections. Marissa, on a constant search for love and companionship, had a secret fling with her family’s yard guy and then another relationship with the gorgeous and free-spirited manager of The Bait Shop, Newport’s all-ages concert venue.

Meanwhile, Kirsten, her father Caleb Nichol (Alan Dale) and his wife, Julie Cooper-Nichol (Melinda Clarke), launched a new magazine, “Newport Living.” And Sandy settled into private practice in a beachfront office where he had plenty of work to do protecting his family and a special friend from his past.

But as the year came to a close, nothing was as it appeared on the surface. Julie and Caleb’s marriage, constantly tested by both of their pasts, finally ended after Caleb’s sudden death. And just as Ryan and Marissa seemed back to the way they were, another outsider, Ryan’s brother, settled in Newport, changing their relationship forever.

When the series returns for season three, Seth, Summer, Ryan and Marissa will celebrate their senior year at Harbor High. And the return of Jimmy Cooper (Tate Donovan) to pull his family together after the emotional events of this season will see one family grow strong again – while another is challenged as the Cohens face Kirsten’s problems head-on in THE O.C.

We do not want to spread "foilers," but with The OC's growing popularity, both reliable and unreliable sources will continue to come forward with spoilers for upcoming episodes. These spoilers will be marked as UNCONFIRMED until they are confirmed by a reliable and/or official source.

New spoilers will be indicated by .

Please do not repost anything (including sides, pictures, etc) from this thread without crediting the source and providing a link back to this thread.

Also, do NOT ask us for links to download episodes. If you start any threads requesting links or add posts with the same request in any of the existing threads, be warned that your posts and/or threads will be edited or deleted at our discretion.

Casting News

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Autumn Reeser (Taylor Townsend) is set to be upped to regular if The OC returns for a fourth season in the fall.

3.23 The Party Favor

THE GANG ATTENDS HARBOR SCHOOL'S SENIOR PROM ON "THE O.C." THURSDAY, APRIL 27, ON FOX

Lisa Tucker Guest-Stars

Harbor School's Senior Prom brings out the best and the worst in everyone. Taylor hits a high at prom, while Summer falls flat with her surprising prom date. Seth and Anna come up with a prom plan to win Summer back. Meanwhile, Marissa convinces Volchok to go to the prom and Ryan brings an unexpected old flame. When one of the girls is elected prom queen, it truly becomes a night to remember. Later, when Taylor's prom funds are missing, Ryan returns to his old ways and prom night turns brutal in "The Party Favor" episode of THE O.C. airing Thursday, April 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (OC-323) (TV-14 L)

Cast: Peter Gallagher as Sandy Cohen, Benjamin McKenzie as Ryan Atwood, Adam Brody as Seth Cohen, Melinda Clarke as Julie Cooper, Mischa Barton as Marissa Cooper, Kelly Rowan as Kirsten Cohen, and Rachel Bilson as Summer Roberts.

Guest Cast: Michael Nouri as Dr. Roberts, Cam Gigandet as Volchok, Samair Armstrong as Anna, Navi Rawat as Theresa, Lisa Tucker as herself.

Orange County resident and AMERICAN IDOL finalist Lisa Tucker will guest-star on THE O.C. Thursday, April 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. In the episode, Tucker returns to Orange County just in time to attend Harbor School's Senior Prom. Tucker begins production the week of April 10 on "The Party Favor" episode of THE O.C.

From TV Guide:

Harbor's prom night creates more tension than enthusiasm when Seth continues his fruitless pursuit of Summer, and Ryan decides to keep an eye on Marissa's date---Volchok. Meanwhile, Kirsten struggles with her recent stumble, and Sandy gets even more bad news about the hospital. Recent “American Idol” castoff and real-life Orange County resident Lisa Tucker appears as herself at the prom. Anna: Samaire Armstrong. Theresa: Navi Rawat.

Sides for 3.23 "The Party Favor"

Comment

3.24 The Man of the Year

SANDY IS CHOSEN AS NEWPORT'S MAN OF THE YEAR ON "THE O.C." THURSDAY, MAY 4, ON FOX

Ryan, dealing with the repercussions from prom night, must make a deal with Volchok. Even though Sandy is chosen as "Man of the Year," the D.A. continues his investigation of Sandy's unique involvement with the new hospital. After she receives a call for help from Kaitlin, Marissa pays her little sister a visit at boarding school. And Ryan's bloodied hands force Theresa to make a difficult decision once and for all. Meanwhile, Seth's actions ignite more troubles in Newport in "The Man of the Year" episode of THE O.C. airing Thursday, May 4 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (OC-324) (TV-14 L)

Cast: Peter Gallagher as Sandy Cohen, Benjamin McKenzie as Ryan Atwood, Adam Brody as Seth Cohen, Melinda Clarke as Julie Cooper, Mischa Barton as Marissa Cooper, Kelly Rowan as Kirsten Cohen, and Rachel Bilson as Summer Roberts.

Guest Cast: Michael Nouri as Dr. Roberts, Cam Gigandet as Volchok, Samaire Armstrong as Anna, Navi Rawat as Theresa, Willa Holland as Kaitlin Cooper.

From TV Guide:

Ryan's ongoing feud with Volchok takes an ominous turn; Sandy prepares to accept an award as a legal cloud forms over the hospital deal; Marissa rides to her sister's rescue in a boarding-school snafu; and Seth's college woes and girl troubles are trumped by a new crisis.

From Heat (UK mag):

Andy Newton-Lee will play Trevor. Here's a pic. (Thanks SarahLou for the heads up.)

Sides for 3.24 "The Man of the Year"

Comment

3.25 The Graduates

As the season finale approaches, there is always the chance of foilers as Josh tries to keep things under wraps. So remember to take the following sides with a shaker of salt, just in case!

Sides for 3.25 "The Graduates"

General Spoilers

From Watch With Kristin:

From booloee: Theresa comes back to The O.C. this week, right? What happens?
        Yes. I talked to Navi Rawat a few days ago, and she was thrilled to be back in The O.C., bitch. (Is that so old it's new again? Didn't think so.) I can tell you that Ryan has his answer (regarding whether or not he's a baby daddy) by the end of the ep. And Theresa sticks around for a couple more weeks to hang with him. Navi told me, "They're happy to see each other. It ends up being a really good thing." Since senior prom is coming up, I asked her if Ryan may consider taking Theresa and she said, "Yeah, I'd say that's the direction it moves in. They're not necessarily getting back together or anything, but it's more like old friends, first loves, who really care about each other and want to catch up. So much has happened to them in the time that's passed."

From allinwe: Is Theresa gone for good after this season? Do they wrap up her storyline?
        You'd think so, wouldncha? Even Navi did, but she said, "That's not what happened at all! I'd say, you'll definitely see me again at some point. I hope so. I'd like to keep coming back once a year for however long the show goes on. It's fun. It's like hanging out with old friends. I actually felt like I was going back to high school. [The O.C.] is a lot more social than [Numb3rs]."

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: I heard a rumor that The O.C. is ending this season. Is this true? — Jill

Ausiello: If so, it's news to Josh Schwartz, who told my colleague, Ileane Rudolph, that he's planning a major "reinvention" of the show next season. For starters, Kaitlin (Willa Holland) will move back to town full-time, sparking a "repopulation of the high-school universe," Schwartz says. "You will see a whole new generation through Kaitlin's eyes." The "older" set, meanwhile, will segue into a "twentysomething world beyond just the bait shop. There's a whole young-adult world in Newport for our kids to get in trouble in." Schwartz won't guarantee that the core four — Seth, Summer, Ryan and Marissa — will all be back, but he did share this most welcome scoopbit: Autumn Reeser (Taylor) will be made a series regular. "You can anticipate a more fully evolved, romantically evolved version of Taylor in Season 4." Best. News. Ever.

Question: I heard that Mischa Barton doesn't want to do Season 4 of The O.C. Is this true? — Natasha

Ausiello: Let's ask Josh Schwartz: "You mean [rumors] that she's been trying to play sick and get out of work? Never happened. She's a professional." And what about next season? "I can't guarantee anyone's coming back." (Keep reading and you'll learn why he can't guarantee that.)

Question: Do you have any news on The O.C. season finale? Thanks, Grimace! (I had to do it.) — Casey

Ausiello: First off, that was really mean. Seriously. Just for that, I'm not going to sugarcoat this spoiler for you: A major O.C. player — someone you have come to know and love — will hover near death in the finale. Doesn't feel good, does it?

Question: Could you please give us more hints as to who the ****** is on The O.C. who might be coming back? — Mark

Ausiello: ****e*. Fun! Fun! Fun! [Later he admits it is Oliver who might be coming back.]

Question: I heard that there was going to be a huge death on The O.C. Is this true? — Bob

Ausiello: There will be a huge almost death, which could become a permanent death.

Comment

Blurb on sweeps from FOX what to promote.

THE O.C. serves up three all-new, super-soapy episodes for FOX May Sweeps. In the first, airing Thursday, April 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), AMERICAN IDOL Top 12 finalist Lisa Tucker, Samaire Armstrong and Navi Rawat guest-star. Harbor School's Senior Prom brings out the best and the worst in everyone. Taylor hits a high at prom, while Summer falls flat with her surprising prom date, and Seth and Anna (guest star Armstrong) come up with a prom plan to win Summer back. Meanwhile, Marissa convinces Volchok to go to the prom, and Ryan brings an unexpected old flame. When one of the girls is elected prom queen, it truly becomes a night to remember. Later, when Taylor's prom funds are missing, Ryan returns to his old ways, and prom night turns brutal.

Ryan, dealing with the repercussions from prom night, must make a deal with Volchok. Even though Sandy is chosen as "Newport's Man of the Year," the D.A. continues the investigation of his unique involvement with the new hospital. Meanwhile, after receiving a call for help from Kaitlin (guest star Willa Holland), Marissa pays her little sister a visit; Ryan's bloodied hands force Theresa (guest star Navi Rawat) to make a difficult decision once and for all; and Seth's actions ignite more troubles in Newport in "The Man of the Year" episode of THE O.C. Thursday, May 4 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

In the third season finale of THE O.C. Thursday, May 18 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the end of senior year is finally here, bringing the excitement of graduation and the anticipation of new lives in college and beyond. But for Seth, Ryan, Marissa and Summer, it's also a time to look back on the amazing journey that has brought the four of them this far. Seth must confront his recent misdeeds or deal with the wrath of Sandy – and the police. Ryan's proud mom arrives with a surprise for him. Marissa receives an astounding proposal that may radically change her plans. And Summer, facing the prospect of going away without Seth, can't stop crying and hugging her best friends as they say their farewells. But even amidst the speeches and toasts, nothing is ever simple in Newport: Sandy shocks Kirsten by making a big decision after visiting his old public defender's office; Kaitlin (guest star Willa Holland) returns and moves into Julie's home, vowing to become the next Cooper to rule Harbor High; and to Taylor's joy, the "core four" turns into the "fab five." But although the kids may be ready to move on to bright futures, unresolved issues from their past could ruin everything.

Comment

Previous thread: The OC Spoilers and Speculation #172

Safe to post!

IMO I could see a cross promotional storyline for Marissa like she is shopping for shoes and someone offers her to be the new face of the product and modeling.

Going to Europe and make some big money and go to college down the road later.

She gets out of Newport and away from her past and Ryan and Julie Cooper as well as see the world with her own cash. Thus we get Marissa gone for next season with a mention here or there and bring her back for a sweeps episode on occassion.

My prediction for Sandy is going to be Run for Public Office next season as the District Attorney. Kirsten by his side and the skeltons in the closet to hide.

What a field day the press would have Caleb Nichol reputation, Seth and Ryan both fire bugs, Ryan wrong side of the tracks, Alcoholic wife and Sandy family and past as well would all be potential outed with the press stories next season.

I see Sandy having a anxiety attack which feels like a heart attack and rethinks his life and what made him happy and the Public Defenders Office and that job did.

But I dont see the whole Heart attack Caleb all over again rehash I see that as a foiler.

Ryan proud mother and a surprise. I think will be a chip from AA for sobriety and a nice gift like a watch engraved for Ryan for graduation and a card. Something she never could get her shit together in the past to do be there as his mom and be proud and hold her head up high. Thats my boy moment.

I thinkt he surprise is going to be bring the waitress one night stand chick with her to Newport and to Ryan graduation. I liked her. She is a good girl with rotten luck as Ryan did. I could see the potential for a relationship with her.

Comment

WHOA! fraz i like you thinkin! thats pretty interesting stuff!

Comment

GREAT info and thoughts Fraz!! awesome to read and it makes sense, i would like to see that stuff happen. Sandy running for DA would certainly be entertaining!!

thanks for the new thread

Comment

Thank you 4 the new thread & im loving your thoughts - i think its all possible 2 happen

Comment

I REALLLY LIKE THE DESCRIPTION FOR THE FINALE...it sounds realllly good, but I hope the sides are fake cause those are lame.

Comment

Thanks for the info!!
                      But, my question is, are ryan and marrissa ever gonna get back together, or are they over forever?

Comment

IMO I could see a cross promotional storyline for Marissa like she is shopping for shoes and someone offers her to be the new face of the product and modeling.

Going to Europe and make some big money and go to college down the road later.

She gets out of Newport and away from her past and Ryan and Julie Cooper as well as see the world with her own cash. Thus we get Marissa gone for next season with a mention here or there and bring her back for a sweeps episode on occassion.
                        This actually sounds pretty likely. Josh never denied that she was leaving. I really don't want her to leave but I'm getting more and more convinced that it's true. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Love your thoughts Fraz and thanks for the new thread. Really love the idea of Sandy running for district attorney next season. Really don't like this stuff with Marissa. Josh denied that she was acting unproffesional, but he didn't deny that she wouldn't be leaving or didn't want out of her contract.

Comment

Sandy running for DA next season would be so awesome.

Comment

I also don't like the stuff with Marissa...she's my favorite character on THE OC and it would be tough for me to watch consistently knowing she wasn't in every episode. The season finale did state Taylor would join the group as the "Fab 5" so hopefully all the characters stay.

I still say Summer, Ryan and Marissa all go off to college while Seth stays behind to attend a community college. I also hope my proposal prediction comes true...I've predicted this since the very beginning of season 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X