Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romeo & Juliet #1 - Because this is the greatest love story the world has ever known!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romeo & Juliet #1 - Because this is the greatest love story the world has ever known!

Welcome to the
    Romeo & Juliet Appreciation Thread

"Two households, both alike in dignity/In fair Verona (where we lay our scene/From ancient grudge break new mutiny,/Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean/From forth the fatal loins of these two foes/A pair of star-crossed lovers take their lives." These famous lines and the vivid language of Shakespeare's beloved play drive director Baz Luhrmann's cinematic interpretation. Welcome to Verona Beach, a sexy, violent other-world, neither future nor past, ruled by two rival families, the Montagues and the Capulets. Wealthy, selfish, ruthless and powerful, the parents share an enmity that has become the birthright of their offspring."

~ Davis-Scott ~
    ~ nLOVEw/Adam ~
    ~ Marissa ~
    ~ Mrs Adam Brody ~
    ~ Kristen ~
    ~ Krysie ~
    ~ ryan-marissa<3 ~
    ~ *Twinkle* ~
    ~ tutrgrrl-91 ~
    ~ damnnprecious ~

~ Because this is the greatest love story the world has ever known ~
    ~ Because noone has ever loved as Romeo and Juliet did ~
    ~ Because this is the saddest and most romantic love story we have ever heard of! ~
    ~ Because for never was a story of more woe Than this of Juliet and her Romeo ~

Juliet: Do not swear at all. Or, if thou wilt, swear by the gracious self which is the god of my idolatry, and I'll believe thee.

You and Me by Lifehouse
    Love At First Sight by Kylie Minogue

all arts are made by Marissa
    Last edited by Davis-scott; 12-28-2007, 07:16 AM.

Cily, you must add me. I love this movie... seeing this thread makes me wanna watch it.

Comment

add me ASAP

Comment

Add me to the list please . I really like this movie .

Comment

I thought the 1960's was great until this came out. This version was true to Shakespeare and rang true to today's generation. Great story and great acting. They were able to make Shakespeare new and fresh again.
          I fell in love again.
          I hoped that this time she would wake before he took the poison....I knew he would not, but it was so fresh and new I hoped for a happy ending.
          This is now becoming a classic.

Comment

it already is one

Comment

oh add me, great movie

Comment

added all of you guys...
                I'm doing a biig assignment, and I'm writing about Romeo&Juliet. So I watched the movie about two days ago and I just fell inlove with them all over again.
                I cried so much in this movie :cry:
                Especially in the end... I was like why couldn't she just wake up a bit earlier. But then again that is what makes the movie amazing! That it's so tragic but still so romantic!

Comment

I know the ending is evil

Comment

^^ it is hehe...
                    why don't you throw your amazing art skills at making some banners for the first post?

Comment

me? yours are a gajillion times better
                      besides I have lots of work to do today

Comment

^^ haha.. so not true hun!!!
                        - I got the same thing. i'm actually supposed to write my major paper right now. but I just can't seem to write anything

Comment

I have a college paper to write ..... and other homework to do bc I didn't go to school Friday

lmao I suck

I wish I could do R&J again ..... that was freshman year work for me

Comment

^^ aww lucky you!!! I would love to play Juliet.. especially if Romeo was as hot as Leo

I just love this scene. it's one of my favourite scenes from this movie... And the music.. I could cry to it

Comment

omg I was so obsessed with that scene when I was younger ...... we Leo

haha

(making the art btw )

Comment

Working...
                              X