Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Current Events Forum! *UPDATED*

Hello,

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to welcome everyone to the new Current Events forum here at Fanbolt. It's pretty much self-explanatory as to what goes into this forum (Talk of current news events).

Feel free to start any threads in here that have to do with politics, religion, or the times in which we live. Just know that Jon and I are watching. Big Brother anyone?

Seriously, though. We want everyone who comes in here to feel comfortable expressing their views, no matter what they may be. Our only requirement is that if you find yourself disagreeing with someone, you dont bash them, or attack them. This is an open forum, where all opinions are welcome and appreciated.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM the Moderators of this forum.

Thanks!

The Fanbolt Staff
    Last edited by Heather; 10-14-2005, 01:21 PM.

Just a little side note:

Since things were getting pretty heated in certain threads, we now have threads for Conservatives, Liberals, (and thanks to Andrew) Moderates. So, any angsty post regarding another ideology should go in there, as opposed to the debate threads.

However, angsty does not mean insulting to other idealogies. Since this is an open forum, all members have access to all threads. Think about who will be reading what you post, before posting it.

~Heather

P.S. What you think is funny, while cracking a joke, or making a sarcastic comment, can very well be offensive to other members on the board. So again, I stress, think about what you are saying, before you click reply.

We dont want this forum to turn into a war zone, so lets keep our posts respectful, guys.
    Last edited by Heather; 10-14-2005, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Note:

Ideology threads are to discuss political issues, and beliefs. They are NOT to be used as OT threads. If you want to chat OT make a thread for it.

Comment

We now have two new mods, from the liberal side of the spectrum. So, please join me in welcoming Ashlee and Ashlyn to the staff!

Comment

Yay Ashlee and Ashlyn!

Comment

Making a sarcastic comment, can very well be offensive to other members on the board.

Comment

Where are the threads for the various political "beliefs"? I don't know what to call myself. I'm not for big Government but am Pro Choice amongst other things

Comment

You're probably more Conservative than Liberal.

This is the Conservative thread:
                We're in Our Right Minds

This is the Liberal Thread:
                Liberal thread#4-b/c we'll rock the vote for Obama/Biden in 08

Happy reading!

Comment

Sorry to see that torture and murder are still part of the US. A 30 year mentally changed woman was killed after being forced to drink cleaning products and urine, was beaten and then stabbed.

Comment

What are you talking about?

Comment

this is my favorite section

Comment

Originally posted by ptreskovich View Post
                        Sorry to see that torture and murder are still part of the US. A 30 year mentally changed woman was killed after being forced to drink cleaning products and urine, was beaten and then stabbed.
                        That is very sad, and yes, unfortunately it seems that America will always have the highest murder rate of all countries. Freedom is the best thing given to us in America, but it also contributes majorly to this statistic. Everyone is able to live out their lives very freely here, whether it means buying $20,000 worth of gas or buying $20,000 worth of guns. Sadly, this country also has the highest rate of addiction to recreational drugs. Those two factors alone plus the fall of economy recently result in anger; therefore resulting in robbery and murder.

Originally posted by GabbyLowe View Post
                        this is my favorite section
                        I'm so happy to hear that GabbyLowe! I enjoy seeing your posts around the boards! This forum is the most serious of all I believe, and I usually try to get the latest news posted every week. Now that I know it is your favorite, I will make sure to try my best to stop in and post current events, just for your opinion!

Comment

I can't belive what's happening in japan! My friend was in hawaii when it happend and had to evacuate since the tusami was headed for them too. All we can do is hope for the best that not too many were killed.

Comment

Its amazing how strong Japan really is with this happening to them my local radio station was saying they "Japan" do what they can to help themselves. They also said they are riots etc going on which is amazing they respect one another. Pray for Japan everyone please do for the bese

Comment

I'm saddened, and at the same time worried about the nuclear reactors that have been emitting radiation the past few days...

Comment

Working...
                              X