|11-07-2007 until 11-08-2020|
Board Rules - Read!
1. No bashing, insulting, or name-calling will be tolerated at Fanbolt. This includes members, celebrities, networks, shows, movies, etc. You're more than welcome to state your opinion, but keep it within reason. Please keep in mind users may be banned for bashing without prior notice.
2. No inappropriate language, slang, or profanity, please. We have younger members.
3. Before you start a thread, please make sure you're in the right forum and that a similar thread has not been started anywhere else. Duplicate threads will be deleted or merged.
4. When a thread reaches 11 pages or 150 posts, a new one is to be started. Typically, each thread is cared for by a specific member; they decorate and maintain the first post of the thread, add shippers and fans, etc. In this case, once the thread has reached capacity, this member may start a new thread and a staff member will come along to close it. If not, threads which reach 150 posts may have a continuation thread made by a member of the forum or staff.
5. Spamming is in no way allowed on Fanbolt. This includes any post made to increase your post count, such as posting a couple of words or a smilie. This also includes solicitation threads selling or advertising any product or service that has not been approved by Fanbolt's Administrators prior to posting. These threads and posts will be deleted and you will be given a warning. After that, the Fanbolt staff reserves the right to issue a ban.
6. Please refrain from double-posting; use the 'edit' button at the bottom of your post if you need to add or change something. Multiple posts will be deleted or merged by a staff member.
7. Pleas avoid bumping threads. This is when a member types in a small post to deliberately "bump" a thread to the top of the forum.
8. Members are permitted only one account on Fanbolt. If a staff member suspects multiple accounts, an IP check will be done and the newest account will be banned and you will recieve a warning. If you have forgotten your password or otherwise can't get into your account, please contact a Administrator (Director); we all have emails and various instant messager handles listed in our profiles and you're more than welcome to contact any of us if you have a problem.
9. Please don't use distorted text or hard to see colors when posting. TeXt LiKe ThIs Is HaRd To ReAd AnD rEaLlY AnNoYiNg. ALL CAPS makes people think you're yelling and gives the wrong impression.
10. Threads that are located in the wrong forum will be moved or deleted.
11. Please refrain from posting spoilers in the main forums. Most members don't want to see them. We have a spoiler forum, which is located here. If they don't fit in (ex. they're for a movie, a book, or a show we don't have a thread for) they can be posted, but please make sure you CLEARLY state that there are spoilers, in the post, and (if making a new thread) in the title of the thread.
12. Signatures should include no more than eight (8) lines of text, five (5) 100x100 icons, or one 500x250 banner. You may mix and match (a small banner, three lines text; five icons, 5 lines of text; etc.) but please keep signatures approximately the same size as a 500x250 banner. The staff reserves the right to edit or remove signatures. If your signature is too large, you will recieve a PM, please respond accordingly.
13. Please remember that if you have too many private messages (PMs) stored, you will not be able to recieve anymore. The number of PMs you can keep varies by account, so please check the status bar at the top of your inbox to see your limit.
14. Please credit your source when posting articles, spoilers, or large pieces of information.
15. FanBolt does not endorse any type of illegal downloading, whether it is television shows, music, or movies. Therefore, soliciting or providing links to downloads is not allowed. Any pirated content or solicitations for it will be closed and/or deleted.
16. On occasion, a staff spot opens up here at Fanbolt. Any non-moderating positions (graphics staff, reporters, etc.) will be posted in announcements on the forums. Moderating positions are filled based on need and are decided among the Administrators. Please do not ask to be a Moderator, we'll ask you. In fact, more times than not, asking gets you overlooked. We look for people who post a lot of good, fullfilling posts that contribute to the subject at hand. We look for members who help out others, take on responsibilities (running keeperlists, updating threads, reporters, fanclub leaders, etc.) and do well.
17. Members may not link any other message board unless there is a link to Fanbolt clearly visible on the main page. These links will be removed and a warning will be issued.
18. Please do not contact any member via private message, email, etc. to advertise anything. If you recieve a PM like this, please contact a staff member.
19. Threads celebrating post counts are more than welcome, but only when you recieve a new star/title. If you have not recieved a star/title, your thread will be deleted.
20. Uploading picture attachments is not allowed at Fanbolt, it takes up a lot of precious space. Please host pictures on your own server, whether it be your own site, or a free hosting site (like TinyPic). Please do not direct link images from other websites that you do not own - it sucks bandwidth.
21. The ONLY RPGs allowed are ones that set up by the Administration or Moderators of Fanbolt. Please do not start or advertise your own RPG. If you have a request for a certain RPG, please contact Chloe, the head of our RPG "department".
22. Game and OT (off-topic) threads are purely for fun and will end up not counting towards your post count; threads in The Game Show and show OT forums (Supernatural OT, The OC OT, etc.) do not count towards your post count, and game threads posted in regular forums (television and movie games) will be moved to OT Storage when the thread is full, and the posts will be subtracted from your count.
23. Username changes will be permitted only for a valid reason which will be determined by a Adminstrator, or if it is offered as a contest prize. Getting tired of your name or just wanting a new one is not a valid reason. There is a one week period for new members in which the Administrators will change your username, for misspelling, etc.
24. The NightClub forums are only accessible by club staff and club members. If you wish to join a club, please check out its application thread here.
25. If you have an idea or request for a new section at Fanbolt, please contact an Administrator or post in the Forum Requests thread.
If you have any questions reguarding these rules, don't hesitate to contact a Administrator.
The Fanbolt Staff