From a surprise introduction by Michelle Obama to an emotional acceptance speech from Ben Affleck, last night’s Academy Awards didn’t disappoint. Argo took home the Oscar for Best Picture, and as expected Jennifer Lawrence took home Best Actress and Daniel Day-Lewis added to his Oscar collection with a 3rd win as Best Actor. Anne Hathaway won Best Supporting Actress for Les Miserables while Best Supporting actor went to Christoph Waltz.
Most memorable moment? Probably Jennifer Lawrence’s trip on the stairs as she fell in her Dior gown. By the time the beautiful actress made it to the stage the whole theater was on their feet applauding her.
“You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell,” Lawrence joked.
Class and charm. What more could you want from your leading lady?
Seth MacFarlane also surprised audiences with an overall classy hosting job topped off with a few risque jokes – such as his Abraham Lincoln/John Wilkes Booth joke.
“I would argue, however, that the actor who really got inside Lincoln’s head was John Wilkes Booth,” MacFarlane joked.
The audience gasped, and MacFarlane replied, “Really? 150 years later and it’s still too soon?”
Check out the full list of winners below:
1. Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz
2. Animated Short Film: “Paper Man”
3. Animated Feature Film: “Brave”
4. Cinematography: Claudio Miranda for “Life of Pi”
5. Visual Effects: “Life of Pi”
6. Costume Design: “Anna Karenina”
7. Makeup and Hairstyling: “Les Miserables”
8. Live Action Short Film: “Curfew”
9. Documentary Short Subject: “Innocente”
10. Documentary Feature: “Searching for Sugar Man”
11. Foreign Language Film: “Amour”
12. Sound Mixing: “Les Miserables
13. Sound Editing: “Zero Dark Thirty” and “Skyfall” (A tie)
14. Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway
15. Film Editing: “Argo”
16. Production Design: “Lincoln”
17. Original Score: “Life of Pi”
18. Original Song: “Skyfall”
19. Adapted Screenplay: Chris Terrio for “Argo”
20. Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantion for “Django Unchained”
21. Directing: Ang Lee
22. Actress: Jennifer Lawrence
23. Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
24. Best Picture: “Argo”Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in