Mary Mouser is an American actress best known for playing Samantha in the Cobra Kai series, but what we love most about her is that’s she’s a fellow geek!
She has mentioned in numerous interviews that she’s a sucker for the fantasy genre and world-building. And she loves escaping into a different realm – especially during 2020 and 2021. (Who could blame her?)
Mary Mouser Fun Facts
- Her full name is Mary Matilyn Mouser.
- Mary was born on May 9, 1996 in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, USA.
- She is best friends with her Cobra Kai co-star Tanner Buchanan.
- She had never seen the Karate Kid prior to her work on Cobra Kai.
- Her siblings are also actors – Aaron Parker Mouser and Laura Ashley Mouser.
- Mary is an longterm relationship with boyfriend Brett Pierce, who is also an actor.
- Mary is involved in several charitable organizations that focus on diabetes. She was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in 2009. Since then, she has become a strong advocate for awareness and research for the illness.
- Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
- She’s a proud nerd, admitting in numerous interviews that she loves reading and Star Wars.
Mary Mouser began acting in 2004, when she got her first role in the televisions series Without a Trace. Since then, she’s had a number of roles in projects such as the ABC drama Body of Proof (where she played Lacey Fleming, the daughter of Dana Delany) and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
She has also appeared in Life is Wild (2007 – 2008), and voiced Eloise in the animated series Me, Eloise on Starz Kids.
Mary has appeared in a number of films, most notably Ghost Whisper (2010), Son of the Mask (2005), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (2005), and Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day (2014).
Cobra Kai has come to life thanks to the creators of The Karate Kid. Set over 30 years after the events of that film, Cobra Kai follows Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka) reopening Cobra Kai dojo and reigniting his rivalry with Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio).
In 2017, Mary was cast as Samantha LaRusso for the (then) YouTube Red series. The show also stars William Zabka as Johnny, Ralph Macchio as Daniel, and Tanner Buchanan as Tommy. And Xolo Mariduena also stars as Miguel Diaz.
Cobra Kai now airs on Netflix and will return for a fourth season in December 2021.
The new season has been building up to the All Valley Karate Tournament, and the cast, including Mary, have all had their own theories.
“We all drive the producers crazy because they’re smart enough not to tell us anything,” Mary stated in a recent interview. “We have our own theories and we’d be like, “Oh what if this happened? That would explain it, that would explain it.”
The cast’s theories (some of which do match up and make sense) aside, Mary’s biggest hope for her character is that she gets some perspective in the new season.
“That’s all I want, just some perspective. I also want more badass karate as that’s my favorite thing is getting to do that on the show.” Mary revealed.
Mouser’s performance on the series has been highly praised. She’s earned nominations for a Streamy Award and Gold Derby TV Awards.
In 2018, Mouser also won a Teen Choice Award for Choice Chemistry with her co-star Tanner Buchanan.
Image Credits: Eugene Powers, DFree, FlickDirect Inc, Kathy Hutchins, Carrie-Nelson / Shutterstock.comRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in