The Daily Verse: Diablo III, DiRT Showdown and Sleeping Dogs
Today on The Daily Verse we have new trailers for Diablo III and Sleeping Dogs. I also take a quick glance at the DiRT Showdown demo as we look forward to its release at the end of the month. Lastly, we share with you a list of the releases for this week.
Launch Day Is Upon Us
Tonight(Well, Tomorrow Morning) at 12:01am the servers for Diablo III will go live and the games will begin! We are very excited for this title and we will be right there with you. Starting at that time, we plan to dive right into Diablo III and play it for hours upon hours. Make sure to keep up with us at FanBolt and follow me on Twitter @caffeinatedgamr as I will be posting impressions leading up to my review.
I think I will have to be a Barbarian!
Daily Verse Focus: Demo & Trailers
The DiRT Showdown demo has been available for almost two weeks now and I decided to take a quick look at it with the release of the game getting closer. I’ve always been a big fan of racing games and especially those with a more aggressive nature to them. I really liked the aggressive style of racing that I was able to play in the DiRT Showdown demo and I look forward to more similar racing when the game comes out on May 29th. The only course in the single player demo was a short one, but it gave you a great idea for the style that the game is presenting you with. Get ready to fight your way to the finish line as this game features a “chaotic tour of motorized mayhem.” We here at FanBolt at certainly looking forward to getting our hands on the full game come May 29th.
DiRT Showdown is a brand new dive in and drive adrenaline rush of speed, style and destruction from the creators of the multi-award winning DiRT series. Players jump into a new world of arcade racing with pick up and play controls, speeding, tricking and smashing their way to ‘Showdown’ finals to compete against rivals in front of thousands of fans in a vibrant festival atmosphere.
There are three broad categories to DiRT Showdown’s stunning world of action-sport racing. Players will use nitrous to blast past rivals and negotiate courses filled with ramps, multiple routes and obstacles in racing events. Gaming’s most advanced damage engine is pushed to its limits in demolition derby events, where players smash and crash their way to victory in jaw-dropping, bone-jarring style. Finally, in Hoonigan events gamers can demonstrate their freestyle driving skill in huge free-roaming stunt parks with new accessible controls.
DiRT Showdown is Codemasters’ most connected game ever – split-screen multiplayer, eight player online racing, on and off-line quick-fire party games, and YouTube integration all come as standard. Players can also issue new ‘Showdown Challenges’ to compete with friends in on and off-line modes.
In the career mode, globe-trotting Showdown players will travel from Miami to San Francisco, London to Tokyo and other famous locations earning the adulation of the crowd at hyper-energized, frenzied, unsanctioned race events. Over 50 different events across four championships challenge gamers in a variety of conditions – sun, snow, and rain – through the day and under the floodlights at night.
With an exciting mix of licensed and bespoke cars and powered by the EGO Game Technology Platform for phenomenal graphical performance and stunning damage, DiRT Showdown will be the new standard for arcade driving delirium.
• A BRAND NEW KIND OF DiRT DiRT Showdown is a new arcade racing game from the makers of the acclaimed DiRT series. Accessible, pick up and play controls combine with spectacular events and stunning graphics to deliver high octane, dive in and drive thrills from event one.
• AN EXCITING AND ECLECTIC MIX OF VEHICLES DiRT Showdown features a mouth-watering selection of cars. Ken Block’s all new Gymkhana 4 HFHV Ford Fiesta debuts alongside a varied selection of vehicles across a range of classes. From saloons and muscle cars to pick-up trucks, hearses and vans, players will have a wide selection of cars to trick, race and destroy.
• SPEED, STYLE AND DESTRUCTION – COMPETE IN 3 THEATRES OF RACING:
• NO HOLDS BARRED RACING EVENTS Trade paint and use nitrous to speed past rivals in DiRT Showdown’s range of racing modes. Courses are littered with obstacles, pinch points, multiple-routes and ramps to deliver adrenaline fuelled racing across spectacular courses.
• BONE CRUNCHING DEMOLITION DERBY EVENTS. Players will crash, smash and bash their way through a range of demolition derby themed events which pushes the EGO-powered damage engine to its spectacular limits.
• EDGE OF CONTROL HOONIGAN EVENTS A new accessible handling system lets players let loose in free-roaming, freestyle stunt parks. Compounds flooded with obstacles play host to a range of new challenges, from performing trick runs to competitive stunt events, explorations challenges and more.
• MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE SHOWDOWN Race through each championship until you make your way to the ‘Showdown’ finale. Each Showdown is held in a unique festival atmosphere where a frenzied party atmosphere, including pyrotechnics and lasers combine with DiRT Showdown’s high-octane driving gameplay.
• PARTY MODES AND SPLIT-SCREEN DiRT Showdown is purpose built for social gaming. Dedicated party games are available online and in split-screen perfect for sofa gaming with a low barrier to entry for friends where classics like ‘capture the flag’ and checkpoint challenges get the Showdown treatment.
• SHOWDOWN CHALLENGES All new for DiRT Showdown, players can now issue Showdown Challenges so players can test themselves against their friends whether they are online or not.
• ICONIC LOCATIONS AS YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE Every location in DIRT Showdown becomes a thrilling racing theatre, custom designed for players to perform on the perfect stage. From San Francisco to Miami, Nevada to Michigan, Tokyo to London, each of DIRT Showdown’s locations delivers a unique atmosphere for a wide range of events.
• CRASHBACK! Flashback becomes Crashback in DiRT Showdown – whenever a large crash happens, players can see ‘kill cams’ from several angles showing how the carnage unfolds. In single player events, gamers can also upload clips direct to YouTube.
• RACING STUDIO GAME The talent that brought the world Colin McRae DiRT, Colin McRae DiRT 2, The BAFTA Award winning Race Driver GRID™ and DiRT 3 (Metacritic: 87) is developing DiRT Showdown. Using the award winning EGO Game Technology Platform known for its killer visuals, weather, and damage system, DiRT Showdown sets the new technical benchmark for arcade racing thrills.
Releases This Week
• Akai Katana (360) – Review Tuesday
• Max Payne 3 (360, PS3) Review Coming Soon
• Diablo III (PC) Review Coming Soon
• Game of Thrones (360, PS3)
• Battleship (360, PS3, 3DS, Wii)
• Mario Tennis Open (3DS) Review Coming Soon
That’s all for today on The Daily Verse! Stop by every day for your gaming fix. Also, follow us on Twitter, and make sure to drop us a line down in the comments! We’re always keeping our eyes peeled to bring you all the best news in the ‘verse!