E3 2012: Wii U – Pikmin 3 Show Floor Video
Pikmin 3 is another Wii U title of interest that I look forward to. Below you will find a quick 2 minute E3 2012 show floor video of Pikmin 3 that we took while making our way through the Nintendo booth. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on all the latest that we get from Pikmin 3 as it becomes available. Until then, enjoy our quick show floor video from E3 2012. You can also find the trailer and some information about the game below as well.
E3 2012: Pikmin 3 Gameplay (E3 2012 Show Floor Video)
Pikmin 3: Official E3 2012 Trailer
The Return of an Army
Pikmin 3 is a fully reimagined, mass-action strategy title from the
critically acclaimed Pikmin series. Players will discover a beautiful
world filled with strange creatures and take command of a swarm of
ant-like Pikmin trying to survive. The world is densely packed with
treasures and enemies, which makes the game much more action
focused and fills it with layers of potential strategies and paths, adding
greater replayability to challenge modes.
• Players can play using Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk-based controls or the Wii
U GamePad controller. With new intuitive controls that make it possible to aim at
objects directly, players can command their tiny, yet powerful, squads in different
• The GamePad acts as an overhead map and radar to track Pikmin movements
in real time. Players can slide a finger across the touch screen to quickly switch
between areas, giving greater flexibility in commanding multiple groups of
• The greater processing and HD capabilities of the Wii U console are put to
extensive use, resulting in a more intricately designed world, enhanced ant-like
movement of the Pikmin and precisely detailed overhead views for enabling
easier strategic use of the Pikmin.
• After completing a stage, the replay feature allows players the option to review
their results using the GamePad and TV. Fast-forward, rewind or pause while
assessing the previous mission to decide on other paths.
• In addition to the five original types of Pikmin encountered in previous games,
the new Rock Pikmin bring powerful new abilities and are able to crack hard
outer shells of enemies and break through solid barriers.
• Mission Mode challenges players to earn the most treasure in a given time.