Here we are, The Voice fans: the home stretch. By the time you’re reading this, voting for Season 6 will have closed and all that will be left to do is announce which one of the three Season 6 finalists gets this spring’s trophy.
On Monday night, all three artists made one final pitch to win America’s votes, and afterward BFTV was able to get just a few words from each finalist, as well as from one of the superstar coaches.
01) Christina Grimmie’s post-show plans: The YouTube sensation from Team Adam shared with us what she’s thinking of doing after tonight. “I really would like to release music, sooner than later, win or lose,” she said. “I’m riding high on being on The Voice. I don’t want to wait until there’s like an awkward lull. So I definitely want to get some music out.”
02) How Jake Worthington approached his final performances: “This time I really just cut back and said, you know what, I’m going to have a good time,” the Team Blake finalist told us. “I went out there and just had a good time. I was very fortunate not have any vocal problems. I really learned the hard way not to go all out in rehearsals!”
03) Does Usher think Adam deserves partial credit if Josh Kaufman wins? The Team Usher finalist was lifted off Team Adam in the second battle rounds, and we asked his new coach if the old one should get points if Josh takes home the title. “I give him credit for letting him go,” Usher quipped.
“I think honestly [Josh’s] standout moment was ‘Signed, Sealed, Delivered’ and tonight just reminded me of that conviction where I was able to exist in his performance in a meaningful way. Because if I didn’t make that connection, then I wouldn’t be here. Everybody that started on Team Usher’s gone home and now he is a shining representation of my entire team. So thank you for signed, sealing and delivering Josh to me, Adam.”
04) What Josh will remember the most from his experience: As it turns out, everything. “It’s hard for me to break it down to a moment,” he admitted. “The whole experience has kind of been just one big thing. You have to look at the journey as a whole and I’ll never be the same as an artist or as a person coming away from this.”
05) Jake on experiencing The Voice so early in his music career: He’s one of many teenage artists who have appeared on the show, and others have even made it to the finale, like Danielle Bradbery (Season 4) and Jacquie Lee (Season 5). We asked Jake if he thought it was good to have such a major experience so early on. “I don’t know,” he reflected. “I’ve never experienced anything else besides playing in small places. But I never expected this to happen at all. So of course it’s crazy. It’s new, and I’m excited for what’s about to happen, because it’s game time.”
The Voice reveals its Season 6 winner tonight at the special time of 9-11 PM ET/PT on NBC.
Photo Credit: NBCRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in