Fashion is just as important on Gossip Girl as the scandal! It doesn’t matter if Serena and Blair are dressed in designer ready-to-wear or couture off the runway, their ensembles are always high-end and on trend. While Blair may be more classic Upper East Side, Serena has a effortless bohemian look that is without question just as sexy!
But we’re big fans of Blair’s style here at FanBolt, so we wanted to take a look at how you can emulate her style without the price tag. It can be really expensive to pick up same of the designer threads that she sports on the show, but we’ve got some words of wisdom for you below!
- If buying high-end brands straight off the rack is not within your budget (or not your style – you’re more savvy than that!), get registered and shop sites like: gilt.com, ruelala.com, billiondollarbabes.com. You’ll be buying the same couture Blair is wearing but at a fraction of the price.
- If making investments in designer brands doesn’t fit within your budget but you still want to look like an “uptown girl” try renting these looks from sites like: renttherunway.com or bagborroworsteal.com. This is also a fabulous concept for those of us that want to be wearing the high-end trends of the moment, but don’t want to spend a lot of money to do so.
- Blair has a classic style but is careful to always choose pieces with feminine details. Some of my favorite stores that with a little digging you can always find the high-end knock-offs of much of her wardrobe are: Zara, Ann Taylor (yes, AT – she’s back!), J.Crew, H&M, Forever 21 and Banana Republic.
- Shop NOW to reap the benefits of the end-of-season bargains. Every retailer wants nothing more than to move their winter wares to make room for spring, so now is the time to find in-store and online the best deals of the year on high-end brands. Comb the sales racks at Saks, Neiman’s and Barney’s – you’re sure to find your very own Blair-approved pieces!
- Instead of buying a bunch of new apparel invest in some high-quality accessories. Nothing makes an ordinary outfit look instantly put-together quicker than when you finish the look off with a fabulous pair of designer sunglasses, watch or shoes.To find all of these types of pieces at a great deal month after month I shop: bluefly.com, endless.com and theoutnet.com
What piece of clothing have you most loved from the series that you either bought or are dying to buy? Let us know in the comment section below!
Step on the runway of style with the fabulous 4th season of Gossip Girl on DVD http://bit.ly/r4GTe8!
Disclaimer: I have been hired by Warner Bros. WBWord division to promote Gossip Girl Season 4 on DVD.