TLC is starting the production on a new series called Starter Wives (working title), which will take a look at the fascinating and controversial world of celebrity ex-wives and ex-girlfriends.
Starter Wives will share the lives of seven women who supported their former husbands/boyfriends before the fame and wealth made them the men they are today. They devoted their time, money, and support to the men they loved. Now, these women are working on moving forward and starting over on their own, with a new focus on creating a path in life that will give themselves and their children the security and success they know they deserve.
Filming on Starter Wives is slated to start mid-October and the series is expected to premiere in early 2013. Four hour-long episodes have been ordered, and are being produced by NOLA.
So the all important question… who is the cast? Here’s the information we received.
- Zakia Baum: Ex-girlfriend of Jermaine “Maino” Coleman; mother of his son.
- Cheryl Caruso: Ex-wife of mobster Phillip Caruso, and mother of his 2 daughters.
- Josie Harris: Ex-girlfriend of Floyd Mayweather; mother of his three children.
- Monica Joseph-Taylor: soon to be ex-wife of Aston “Funkmaster Flex” Taylor; mother to his two children.
- Liza Morales: Ex-girlfriend of Lamar Odom; mother of his three children.
- Tashera Simmons: Ex-wife of Earl “DMX” Simmons; mother of four of his children.
- Shaniqua Tompkins: Ex-girlfriend of Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, and mother of his son.
TLC tends to draw us in with their reality shows… we’re already in Honey Boo Boo withdrawals. Starter Wives definitely sounds like an interesting concept, but we’re not totally sure we’re sold on the cast. We’d love to know your thoughts! Feel free to share your opinion on the new series below in our comment section!Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in