‘The X-Files’ Reboot Welcomes Back Two More Familiar Faces
The X-Files‘ limited return is slowly but surely coming together over at Fox.
When the series’ brief revival was announced, fans went wild and with each new announcement it seems like the resurrection of the beloved sci-fi series will be done right. The latest clue that the reboot will be a success is that it seems like the network isn’t only concerned with bringing back the onscreen talent that we know and love, but offscreen as well. TV Line is now reporting that X-Files vets Glen Morgan and James Wong will be returning to the series behind the camera.
Morgan and Wong worked on the series during its original run and will write and direct one episode each when the show returns.
Also thanks to TV Line, we have a few juicy spoilers to look forward to in the upcoming event series, including the return of yet another fan favorite:
1. There’s “a big chance” the Lone Gunmen will join returning X-vets Mulder, Scully, Skinner and The Smoking Man.
2. Per X-Files tradition, the six episodes will blend “ongoing Mulder and Scully conspiracy saga” with “standalone episodes,” says Carter, adding, “It will all be of a piece, meaning that it won’t feel disconnected.”
3. Although Mulder and Scully will still be a couple, “When we come back we will find that [their] relationship is not where we left it,” Carter teases.
4. That elusive Mulder and Scully love scene may be nigh. “It was part of the mystery of The X-Files,” says Carter when asked why the pair’s relationship was never explicitly consummated (despite having a son together). “That relationship was kind of mysterious. Did they get together? Didn’t they get together? If they’ve got a child together, when did they get together? These are questions that we will deal with and answer in good time.”
5. The cold open, a staple of The X-Files that started with the pilot, will be back. “We had to get a special dispensation to do a teaser — a little two- or three-minute segment in the beginning that sets up the show,” explains Carter. They had done away with that approach on Fox, so they allowed us to go back to, I would call it, old-style.”
The X-Files event series is expected to begin filming this summer.
Photo Credit: FOX