Atlanta Weekly Filming Roundup: ‘Dirty Grandpa,’ ‘The Walking Dead’ and More!
Here’s your Atlanta Weekly Filming Roundup covering the week of April 26th- May 2nd!
- HBO has ordered a full season of Brothers in Atlanta, so look out for that to begin shooting in the state in the near future.
- Sleepy Hollow is moving production to GA from South Carolina.
- The Founder starring Michael Keaton is scheduled to begin shooting in the state.
- The first film for the final chapter of the Divergent series Allegiant is supposed to start filming in the state this month.
Currently in Production
- Season 6 of The Walking Dead is officially in production!
— Gale Anne Hurd (@GunnerGale) April 30, 2015
- Michelle Darnell basecamp was spotted near Jackson St NE @ Irwin St NE by Twitter user @Charislogia (thanks for the tip!)
- Captain America: Civil War has started filming in the state and shot at Pinewood this week and according to Jennifer Brett, there’s “a big scene in downtown Atlanta coming up.” (How cool is it that our city may be blown up during a superhero/supervillain fight!)
- Zac Efron and Robert DeNiro were spotted filming Dirty Grandpa at Tybee Island this week and there are SO MANY new shirtless Zac Efron pics because of it. Filming will continue there through Monday, when they’ll be shooting at the Bull River Yacht Club.
- Signs for USA series Satisfaction were spotted in Midtown near 11th and Juniper.
- Keeping up with the Joneses, the Jon Hamm and Zach Galifanakis comedy, was seen shooting in Atlanta’s DuPont Crossing subdivision
- “Scorpion” signs were spotted on Bolton Road near Marietta Blvd this morning. We’re still researching and trying to find out what that particular production is. (Tweet me any tips!)
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk filmed at the Dome this week. Signs were spotted near the Georgia World Congress Center
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 shot at the Screen Gems studio this week
- Signs for Rings, the next film in The Ring franchise, were spotted around the Emory area, near Briarcliff and Clifton.
- This inexplicable picture was taken on the Dirty Grandpa set in Tybee Island this week:
(Yes that is Robert DeNiro with his thumb in Zac Efrons butt…just gonna leave that there)
Decoded Production Signs
- O/OO- Rings
- GRAPPA/ Sputnik– Captain American:Civil War (unconfirmed)
- Amnesia- Divergent: Allegient (unconfirmed)
- IDB- In Dubious Battle
- BLLHW- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk
- Darlings- Michelle Darnell
- SRS2- Survivor’s Remorse
- BIA- Brothers in Atlanta
- 90M- 90 Minutes in Heaven
- AC4- Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip
- SNC- Being Mary Jane
- Q- Quantico
- Wolf- The Accountant
- GOS- Game of Silence
- 1159- Cordon
- WHO- Finding Carter
- HCF- Halt and Catch Fire
- TOGS- The Originals
- SDS- The Game
- DM- Devious Maids
- LOC- The Vampire Diaries
- RR2- The Red Road
- TVM- Complications
- Misty- The Nice Guys
- Sic’Em- Powers
- 20/20- Hindsight
- SL- Single Ladies
- FTP- Resurrection
A huge thanks to FanBolt Editor-in-Chief Emma Loggins, @TheRealMrsHull, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing, The Buzz, @ATLWood411, On Location Vacations, Jennifer Brett, Rodney Ho and the AJC and @Peachyscoop for the tips!
If you have any filming location tips and/or celebrity sightings, be sure to tweet us at @FanBolt or me at @TheJasmineAlyce with the hashtag #ATLFilm or #AtlantaFilming and you could end up in the weekly roundup! Also, if there’s anything you’d like to see included that we currently don’t, let us know!
Be sure to check back every Friday and see where some of your favorite TV shows, movies and stars have been spotted in Georgia.
Photo Credit: Instagram