ABC Family has announced the cast of their upcoming supernatural drama Beyond.
The series, which has no premiere date set yet, is getting ready to begin production on the pilot next week in Vancouver, BC and as such, ABC Family has revealed the show’s cast.
Beyond was created, written and executive-produced by Adam Nussdorf (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland) and follows the story of a young man who wakes up from a coma after 12 years and discovers new supernatural abilities that propel him into the middle of a dangerous conspiracy.
Tim Kring (Heroes), Zak Kadison, Justin Levy and Brian Kavanaugh-Jones will serve as Executive Producers.
You can read the casting announcements, along with a description of the characters, below:
- Callan McAuliffe (“Homeland,” “The Great Gatsby”) leads the series as Holden, who wakes up in a hospital not realizing he’s been in a coma for 12 years – emotionally still a teenager, physically an adult, and possibly in possession of supernatural powers.
- Jordan Calloway (“Switched at Birth,” “Recovery Road”) portrays Holden’s childhood best friend, Kevin, now a therapist, who is haunted by guilt after the incident that put Holden in a coma.
- Dilan Gwyn (“DaVinci’s Demons”) stars as Willa, a beautiful woman who appears to be interested in Holden and who warns him he is in great danger.
- Romy Rosemont (“Glee,” “The Fosters”) plays Holden’s mother, Diane, who has refused to give up on Holden throughout his coma and now is determined to protect him.
- Michael McGrady (“Ray Donovan”) costars as Holden’s father, Tom, who is emotionally withdrawn after his son’s ordeal and defers to his wife, Diane.
- Burkely Duffield (“The Tomorrow People”) rounds out the cast as Holden’s clever younger brother, Luke, who grew up in the shadow of his brother’s tragedy and is now faced with a brother who knows less about the world than he does.
Photo Credit: ABC Family