FX is making their 2015 Comic-Con presence known, by not only bringing panels full of the stars fans love, but also with the introduction of their first-ever, large-scale FX Fearless Arena fan experience.
The fan experience will be located at the Hilton Bayfront Park next to the Convention Center, where fans can expect to see massive activations for The Strain, American Horror Story: Hotel, Fargo and The Bastard Executioner, as well as tons of other features like contests, collectibles and more.
If you’re heading to Comic-Con next week and want to check out the new Arena, you can register for the activations early by going to www.fxsdcc.com beginning July 7th. If you’re one of the first 2,500 pre-registered fan to visit the Arena, you’ll snag a free, exclusive FX Fearless giant tote bag.
Read about all the cool fan experiences FX has in store for you below:
Prove your fearlessness by entering a live-action virtual reality experience inspired by The Strain, the vampire thriller from Carlton Cuse and Guillermo del Toro, based off the best-selling book trilogy by del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Using the Samsung Gear VR – powered by the Galaxy Note 4, fans will be taken on a two-and-a-half-minute adventure created exclusively for Comic-Con and featuring series regular Kevin Durand (“Vasiliy Fet”). It’s the perfect preview for the second season of The Strain, which premieres on FX on Sunday, July 12th at 10 PM ET/PT.
American Horror Story: Hotel
Ryan Murphy’s hit anthology horror series American Horror Story is back this fall with its fifth installment, Hotel, and FX is building a two-story model hotel to give viewers a taste of the era. Then fans will be able to venture inside one of eight “gifting suites” in order to capture the most flying bills and earn prizes.
The Bastard Executioner
“Escape the Forest” is the ideal duel inspired by Kurt Sutter’s upcoming medieval drama The Bastard Executioner. Visitors don the mantle of “warriors” and square off against each other to prove their prowess with a high striker, a cross-bow, and a final puzzle challenge that will help them escape the “forest” and win a TBX-themed hooded t-shirt. The Bastard Executioner will debut on FX this fall.
Aw jeez, a blizzard in San Diego? Step inside a giant 20-foot inflatable snow globe featuring snow flurries and a façade of a Waffle Hut – a key location in the second installment of the award-winning limited series Fargo which returns to FX this fall.
As if that’s not enough, the network will also be bringing more goodies:
- Archer-themed water fountain shaped like Pam Poovey’s Dolphin Puppet.
- It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia sunscreen station.
- Concert button giveaways for Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll.
- The Kwik-E-Mart Truck will be on-site on Saturday, July 11th offering free Squishees in honor of The Simpsons, whose entire 26-season run is available exclusively on FXX and FXNOW.
- Sweepstakes featuring a grand prize trip to a luxury hotel in Los Angeles or New York City.
- A mega LED wall showing clips of FX Networks shows, as well as a live social-media scroll featuring #FXSDCC.
- Premiums including The Bastard Executioner t-shirts, American Horror Story key chains, and waffle-scented Fargo air fresheners.
- Complete limited edition collectible trading card sets – and complimentary carry cases – with cards from American Horror Story, Fargo and The Strain. Cards include code for a 12-day trial access to FXNOW.
- A massive – 238 feet wide x 226 feet tall – wrap on the Hilton Bayfront Hotel promoting the new season of The Strain.
Photo Credit: FX