The cast and producers of hit CW series The Originals returned to Comic-Con this year to spill what they could about what to expect when the series returns.
Cast members Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Leah Pipes, Danielle Campbell and Yusuf Gatewood and Executive Producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci all gathered at Comic-Con to share details about what’s to come in the intense, emotional third season.
Read the top 10 things we found learned from The Originals gang below:
10 Things We Learned About ‘The Originals’ at Comic-Con 2015
- Daniel Sharman (Kol) is returning! The cast let it slip that we would be seeing a LOT more of him in the new season.
- We will see and learn all about the first sired vampires. We’ll get to know about their perspectives, knowing that the sireline can die (kill the sire…kill all the vampires it sired)
- Yusuf Gatewood said that Vincent is trying to mentor Davina…but whether or not she’s a mentee that listens is a different story.
- Leah Pipes said that she’s not sure Klami’s the best idea. “I don’t think [Klami] would be a good idea, but no one makes good decisions on this show.” Sounds like there still could be some hope for those two.
- Phoebe Tonkin says there’s hope for Hayley and Klaus to be in the same room together, but don’t look for much more than that. She’s VERY angry with Klaus for betraying her, but what always trumps anger? Love. The love she has for Hope is stronger than her anger towards Klaus, so before she does anything to him (which it sounds like she’ll get around to) she’ll try and be with her baby.
- Joseph Morgan says that we’ll get to see more old school Klaus (think the Klaus that drowned Tyler’s mom and murdered poor Jenna).
- Lucien, one of the first vampires sired by Klaus, will make his debut on the show this season.
- Elijah will be focused on helping Hayley get rid of that pesky curse. She will be his crusade.
- We will also get to see what it means for Elijah to come undone
- Davina is angrier than ever this season and wants nothing to do with the vampires. (And Danielle admitted she’s a bit of a Haylijah shipper!)
The Originals returns to The CW on Thursday October 8th 9:00pm, following The Vampire Diaries season premiere.
‘The Originals’ Comic-Con 2015 Photo Gallery
Photo Credit:FanBolt/ Emma Loggins