‘Gotham’ Cast and EPs Talk What’s In Store for Season 2 at Comic-Con 2015
Gotham returned to Comic-Con this year and the cast and producers were on-hand to give fans a look into what season two holds for Bruce, Oswald and all of Gotham.
Cast members Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, Camren Bicondova, Cory Michael Smith and Morena Baccarin along with Executive Producers Bruno Heller, Danny Cannon and John Stephens were in attendance.
Continue reading our highlights from the Gotham’s Comic-Con press room below:
Things We Learned About ‘Gotham’ at Comic-Con 2015
- EP John Stephens said that season 2 will be more of a serialized saga story. It takes an evolutionary shift with the rise of the super-villains
- The EP also stated that in his opinion, 6, 7 , 8 years would be an ideal run for the series.
- Mr. Freeze and Azrael will be present in season 2.
- Robin Lord Taylor totally geeked out over his exclusive Comic-Con action figure (seriously, how adorable is he?)
- “If you thought Oswald was deranged in the first season, he just spirals.” – Robin Lord Taylor
- This is Sean Pertwee’s first Comic-Con!
- “The real thrill is being able to redefine these characters and give them backstories. Alfred is just as damanged as Bruce.” – Sean Pertwee
- EPs Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon both noted that Barbara Gordon is not completely off the radar.
- “Well she fell off the highest building in Gotham into water… and her name is Fish.”
– EPs Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon on if Jada Pinkett Smith could return
- Morena Baccarin’s Dr. Leslie Thompkins does interact with Bruce and Alfred in the first episode of Season 2.
- Camren Bicondova said that this season, Selina’s going to be trying to figure out if she belongs on the good side or the bad side after a big part of her backstory is revealed.
- We will see more of Selina and Bruce’s relationship in the next season.
- “I don’t think she’s a vicious person, she’s just trying to survive.” – Camren Bicondova on Selina Kyle
Gotham returns to FOX for its second season premiere on September 21st.
Photo Credit: Emma Loggins / FanBolt