A Look at Atlanta’s Netherworld Haunted House for 2015
Happy Halloween! Well almost… We’re a week away from one of our favorite holidays of the year, and it seemed only appropriate that we post about our annual adventure at Atlanta’s Netherworld.
This year marks the 19th year that co-creators Ben Armstrong and Billy Messina have made Netherworld one of the premiere haunted house locations in the world. With two new haunts: The Rotting and Vault 13, visitors this year can expect to be wow’ed by new sets, enhanced special effects and brand new creatures.
The Rotting is the main haunt this year. It focus on draining life from humans and turning them into zombie-like creatures. The new themes and characters include The Tombs of Whysburg, The Ghoul Tunnels, The Arena of Ghosts, and The Alien Flesh Lab.
Vault 13: Unearthed (which I jokingly asked FanBolt’s associate editor Jasmine if it was related at all to Warehouse 13. It’s not, but seemed relevant to the theme) allows for guests to descend into a secret government base using a new (and really realistic) elevator simulator. The base has been reactivated by forces unknown, and as you walk through the hallways, you see hideous experiences gone wrong as well as a number of new weird creatures. There’s two pretty cool areas at the end of this haunt… My personal advice though – wear shoes and clothes that you’re not worried about getting a little messed up. If that doesn’t interest you, never fear – you’ll be fine on a second path.
Aside from the two haunts, there’s also the characters which are outside every year. While we saw a few of the classics (my personal favorite one at the top below), there are a few new creatures roaming around too. There’s also a few great photo ops as well!
I think he feels the same about me. 🙂 I have no idea the name of this monster, but I absolutely love seeing him every year!!
Check out a few national accolades that have been bestowed upon Netherworld for 2015:
- #1 Best Haunted House of All Time (HauntWorld.com)
- #7 of the Top 19 Insane Haunted Houses That’ll Literally Scare the Sh*t Out of You
- Travel Channel’s Best Halloween Attractions 2015
- #9 of the 10 Best Extreme Haunted Attractions for USA Today (Reader’s Choice)
- 2015 Reader’s Choice Award for Favorite Haunted House (Georgia Magazine)
- #4 of the Top 10 Best Haunted Attractions of 2015 (MonstrumAthenaeum.org)
- #2 List of 31 ‘Must See’ Attractions for 2015 (HauntedHouseRatings.com)
- #5 Top 15 Scariest Haunted Houses in America 2015 (ParanormalBuzz.com)
- LA Times’ 10 Creepiest Halloween Haunts in the U.S. (LATimes.com)
Netherworld is now open nightly until November 1, and if you can’t make it – no worries – they’re also open on Friday, November 6 and Saturday, November 7 (From 7pm to 11pm) to wrap up the haunt season!
For more information, check out fearworld.com!