With just over a week until the release of Final Fantasy XV, we are all one step closer to reclaiming the throne. And to help prepare players for their journey, Square Enix released a new ‘101 Trailer’ to highlight some of the need to know information about Final Fantasy XV.
Final Fantasy XV is set to release next week on November 29th and the new trailer takes a brief look at the game’s story, combat system, magic spells, summons, and the four main characters. It’s a decent 5-minute glimpse into what’s to be expected once players boot up the game for the first time. Oh, how I cannot wait!
Square Enix also released news of a ‘Crown Update’ for Final Fantasy XV that will be available at launch. This update is the product of having extra time to work on the game, providing a bug fixes and new features that enhance the players’ experience in the world of Eos. Here’s the complete list of features within the Crown Update:
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battles
- New event scenes and scenes from KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
Lastly, Final Fantasy XV‘s Game Director Hajime Tabata released a statement to fans in response to copies of the game going on sale ahead of the release date. The entire message can be found below:
“The November 29th release date is approaching and I sincerely hope everyone enjoys this game with a fresh state of mind. Unfortunately, there has been an unauthorized distribution of the boxed edition of FINAL FANTASY XV in select regions and we have noticed that gameplay footage from people playing these copies has appeared online. Though this type of situation is brought on by various region specific circumstances and may not be something that is completely avoidable, we are very regretful of this situation.
One of the major goals of FINAL FANTASY XV is for everyone to enjoy the story and to discover the surprises together through the simultaneous worldwide release. Due to these recent events, videos with unexpected spoilers could potentially be posted online, so we would like to warn everyone who has been waiting in anticipation for this game.
We will also do everything in our capacity to prevent unauthorized footage from appearing online. We would also like to ask anybody that has obtained an early copy of the game to be respectful to those that are looking forward to the official release and to not spoil the surprises for everyone.
A large and dedicated team have worked extremely hard to make this game and to create a FINAL FANTASY that everyone can enjoy. It would be a huge regret for us if the excitement of the launch was to be spoiled for so many when we are so close to release.
Your understanding and cooperation would be much appreciated so we can celebrate the best possible release together.”