It is being reported that five actors remain in the running to play Peter Parker in the upcoming ‘Spider-Man’ reboot:
1. Jamie Bell – 24 year old British actor; Has had roles in Billy Elliot, Jumper, King Kong, and Tintin.
2. Frank Dillane – 19 year old British actor; Has had roles in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
3. Andrew Garfield – 27 year old British actor; Has had roles in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Red Riding, Lions for Lambs
4. Josh Hutcherson – 17 year old American actor; Has had roles in Bridge to Terabithia, Journey to the Center of the Earth and the upcoming remake of Red Dawn
5. Alden Ehrenreich – 20 year old American actor; Has roles in Steven Spielberg’s Tetro and Sofia Coppola’s Somewhere
None of these actors have done screen tests yet though, so the door may still be open for other contenders.