- AdministratorAdministratorJuly 22, 2020 at 1:18 pm
For the first time in its 50-year history, San Diego Comic-Con isn’t happening in person, but the news isn’t all bad because we WILL be able to meet virtually!!
Whether you’ve been attending for years or haven’t been in a while, we hope you’ll join us and take in all that SDCC has to offer. Here is just a sampling:
- YouTube will host over 350 of SDCC’s panels and programs, and beginning at 7:00pm PDT on Friday, July 24, that’s where you’ll find the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards.
- GoExpo by Community Brands will host the Online Exhibit Hall, with approximately 700 exhibitors offering a variety of cool fan-centric merchandise.
- Be sure to visit the Portfolio Review page on the [email protected] website!
- SDCC will also have Gaming which will live on the Discord platform and feature a number of interactive gems, including Wyvern Gaming/Stargate and Legion M/Joe Manganiello’s DEATH SAVES.
- If you’re looking for a souvenir from [email protected], be sure to visit the Merch store for the official Comic-Con T-shirt (art provided by DC Comics) as well as lots of Comic-Con and Comic-Con Museum related merchandise.
- Amazon and Prime Video are official sponsors of [email protected] and will be treating fans to additional activities from a variety of Amazon-owned platforms through their Amazon Virtual-Con portal. Prime Video is also the official sponsor of the Comic-Con 2020 print-at-home badge, which will allow participants to print and wear their free badge as well as take part in many of the fun fan activities.
- Tumblr will serve as the platform for both the Comic-Con Art Show and the always popular Comic-Con Masquerade. The 46th annual Masquerade will open for viewing Friday, July 24, and winners will be announced on Saturday, July 25.
- For this year, the Robert A. Heinlein Blood Drive will be a 26-day drive, starting Wednesday, July 22, and ending on Sunday, August 16. All blood collected on those dates will be credited to the Comic-Con Robert A. Heinlein Blood Drive.
- Collaborator and sponsor IGN will stream roughly 34 [email protected] panels as well as produce extensive hosted shoulder content, hosted interviews and more, all in support of the online initiative.
- Films and Anime will live on the Scener Watch Party platform. Scener is a Chrome browser plug-in that will allow fans the ability to simultaneously watch and discuss movies and anime. Funimation will also exclusively host all of the Anime watch parties including Black Clover and Fruits Basket. Don’t have a Funimation account? No problem, as Funimation is offering a six-week free account! Just use the code: CCHOME20.
- FX will unveil the digital experience FX UNLOCKED, where fans will engage with virtual activations for American Horror Story, What We Do in The Shadows, Cake and DAVE.
- FutureTechLive! returns for a fifth year to present the virtual “World Builders” activation, featuring content by a global community of creators.
- Comic-Con Museum is offering a variety of activities and tutorials throughout the [email protected] weekend and beyond.
- Don’t forget to check out the online version of the 260-page Souvenir Book, which is available as a free, downloadable PDF!
Stay tuned for more details as [email protected] gets underway!!
- MemberModeratorJuly 23, 2020 at 4:04 pm
Is fanbolt going to host any of the stream parties?
- MemberFanJuly 23, 2020 at 5:01 pm
Love that idea Esther or maybe even a Zoom meetup at the end of the con 🙂
- MemberModeratorJuly 23, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Carrie way back when fanbolt had a chat.and a shout out but it got crazy. It would be fun if Em did do something after the con. But everyone can post what chats etc. They have been able to attend and their thoughts on them.
- MemberModeratorJuly 24, 2020 at 11:33 am
- MemberFanJuly 26, 2020 at 11:11 am
Love that I can catch up and rewatch things I missed and looking forward to Nathan Fillion this afternoon ❤️ Kevin Smith taking about the shitshow of Hall H was cracking me up!
- MemberFanJuly 27, 2020 at 7:42 pm
Kevin Smith is awesome. so many videos I need to catch up on from this weekend.
- MemberModeratorJuly 27, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Same here glad I will be able to see what I missed. Didn’t get to see half that I had planned.
Log in to reply.