‘Vampire Diaries’ Stars Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley Reveal Behind-the-Scenes Details at Atlanta’s Walker Stalker Con
Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley, the heartthrobs of hit CW series The Vampire Diaries, stopped by Walker Stalker Con 2014 over the weekend in Atlanta, and fans were treated to opportunities to meet the fellas, as well as attend a panel where the guys dished about the new season, Bamon and more!
Thousands screaming fans showed up to see the Salvatore brothers in-person on Sunday, and the duo was more than willing to make it worth their while by revealing some interesting tidbits about the show during their panel. Keep reading below for their best quotes from the day, and let us know your TVD predictions in the comments below!
Salvatore Brothers Quotes to Salivate Over
- Paul Wesley: “I’m going to play Caroline [Ian’s] going to play Stefan and we’re gonna make out.”
- Ian Somerhalder: “We’ve all talked about it, because this is the 6th year. It’s gotta be like sort of a vintage year of storytelling for this show. We’ve been doing this a long time and hopefully, you know, we’re gonna… We want to go back to that sort of season 1 feel, when everyone fell in love with this show to begin with. Where we fell in love with this show to begin with… so Paul, don’t screw this up.
- Paul Wesley: “It’s basically my idea and my fault that I’m playing like I don’t care that Damon’s gone… but I don’t want you to worry, that’s all temporary.”
- Ian Somerhalder: “Bonnie and Damon have so much chemistry that they just won’t even let us be… which is a bummer.”
- Ian Somerhalder: “Bonnie and Damon are such unlikely bedfellows, ya know? But he does care about her, a great deal …and she’s hot. That helps. (Paul chimed in with a “Why aren’t you two hooking up?” to which Ian replied “That’s what I said!… Because he’s trying to get back to Elena.”) That purgatory’s like Vegas… whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. What happens in purgatory stays in purgatory BUT…ya know…”True loooove” and all this craziness.”
- Ian Somerhalder: “Does anyone not see the fact that this guy is 173 years old, and he’s dating an 18-year-old? There’s robbing the cradle and then there’s this.”
- Ian Somerhalder: “Teachers, by the way, are the greatest unsung heroes of this country. Literally. It’s a thankless job but they find a way to get up every morning and teach these younguns that are going to be running our world. So I guess if there’s any advice to give young people, it’s not something you can really give, but you can teach them… figure out how to show them compassion, reverence and gratitude. If young people in schools can have those 3 things, the whole freaking world will change. And then they don’t have to listen to idiots like us.”
- Paul Wesley: “Wait, what did I do to Enzo?”
Audience Member: “You killed him!”
Photo Credit: Walker Stalker Con Screencap