The 5th Annual Atlanta Food & Wine Festival is heading back to town this weekend and FanBolt will be on the scene to cover the delicious event.
The festival, running from Thursday May 28th- Sunday May 31st, celebrates the flavors of ours and other Southern regions from around the globe including: Southern Europe, South Africa, South America, Southern Hemisphere (Australia and New Zealand) and South-of-the-Border for Mexico. If you’re an adventurous eater then this event is definitely for you.
If you wouldn’t consider yourself adventurous, don’t fret. There are plenty of things that everyone, from food and wine connoisseurs to people who just like to eat, can enjoy. As the nation’s first culinary weekend dedicated exclusively to showcasing the rich food and beverage traditions of the South, AF&WF unites the region’s culinary leaders including award-winning chefs, mixologists and more for a weekend of teaching, exploring and celebrating Southern food and beverage traditions.
Here’s a general look at what’s offered at this year’s Food & Wine Festival:
- LEARNING EXPERIENCES SEMINARS, DEMONSTRATIONS AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS: Festival weekend will offer guests close to 100 carefully-crafted Learning Experiences that include smart and entertaining cooking and cocktail demonstrations, wine and food tasting seminars and panel discussions all designed by the Festival’s esteemed Advisory Council. Friday, May 29 from 11am—2:30pm | Saturday, May 30 from 10am—2pm | Sunday, May 31 from 11am—1:30pm
- TASTING EXPERIENCES: The Atlanta Food & Wine Festival Tasting Tents are designed to take guests on an epicurean journey through the South with curated “tasting trails” showcasing great food and drink items from across the region and from other Southern regions around the globe like Southern Europe, South Africa, South America, Southern Hemisphere and South-of-the-Border. Friday, May 29 from 3pm—6pm| Saturday, May 30 from 2pm—5pm| Sunday, May 31 from 1:30pm—4:30pm
- DINNERS & EVENTS: The Festival experience continues into the evening with special chef dinners and signature parties at private homes, restaurants and special unique venues around the city. Dinners begin at 7:30pm nightly.
- THE CONNOISSEUR EXPERIENCE: Designed for the serious food and beverage lover, The Connoisseur program includes access to the exclusive Connoisseur Lounge created by award-winning Atlanta designer, William Peace, ASID, for socializing, eating, drinking and participating in private food and beverage classes. Friday, May 29 from 9:30am—5:30pm | Saturday, May 30 from 9am—5:30pm | Sunday, May 31 from 10am—1:30pm
- CONNOISSEUR DINNER SERIES: New to the Festival in 2015 is a special dinner series for Connoisseur Pass holders only. Connoisseurs will have their choice of attending the annual Blackberry Farm dinner, an immersive dining experience at the new Porsche Experience Center, or an intimate dinners that have been carefully curated by award-winning food authors, Matt Lee and Ted Lee from Charleston, SC. All dinners will feature award-winning chefs, sommeliers and beverage innovators.
You can find out more info about the festival and purchase tickets here.
Be sure to follow FanBolt’s Editor-in-Chief Emma Loggins (@EmmaLoggins) and FanBolt’s Associate Editor Jasmine Alyce (@TheJasmineAlyce) on Twitter and Instagram to stay updated on what we see and eat at the festival!Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in