I was asked to participate in the #PatioVida campaign, sponsored by On The Border. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are my own.
Between traveling for conventions, movie screenings, and local events – not to mention the every day workload, it can be challenging to find time for date night. But thankfully for myself and my guy, when On The Border asked us to come check out some of their new offerings – we had the perfect plan. Date night.
So what all were we going to be checking out? I was most excited about their Watermelon Margaritas made with fresh-pureed watermelon. Since summer is watermelon season, and the best way to eat a watermelon is to drink it – I was all about this drink! They only have it through mid-September though when watermelon season ends, so if you’re wanting to check it out – hurry!
On The Border has also some other drink additions. They’ve revamped their Fresh Lime Skinny Margarita (now it has 100% fresh with Herradura Silver Tequila, lime juice & agave)! They’ve also updated some of their favorite margaritas to include a fresh lime juice + orange juice mix: Borderita (Made with Lunazul Resposado, Gran GalaOrgane liqueur and our housemade citrus mix), The Perfect Patrón (Top-shelf made with Patrón Silver, Patrón Citrónge orange liqueur and fresh citrus mix), and Prickly Pear (Made with Corazón Blanco, Patrón Citrónge orange liqueur and fresh citrus mix, topped with prickly pear juice).
They’ve have introduced unique new margaritas that you can’t get anywhere else like:
- Green Apple Glacier: One of a kind drink that has Cointreau orange liqueur and fresh citrus mix poured over an oversized ginger cherry ice cube
- 1800 Mercedes: This indulgent margarita is made with 1800 Reposado, Grand Mariner, triple sec and fresh citrus lime mix
And they’ve also expanded their non-tequila drink options from one non-tequila drink to four including:
- Limeade Fresca: Texas-made Tito’s Handmade Vodka shaken with agave, our fresh citrus mix and fresh lime juice
- Cuba Libre: The classic combination of Sailor Jerry spiced rum, Malibu Coconut rum and Coca Cola®, with a squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Padre Island Tea: Texas-style Long Island Iced Tea with Bacardí Superior, Hornitos Plata, Absolut Citron, Patrón Citrónge orange liqueur, Coca Cola® and our fresh citrus mix
- Poncho Punch: A beachy double rum punch made with Bacardí Superior, Sailor Jerry spiced rum, pineapple, fresh citrus mix and a hint of cherry
The drinks were fantastic, but we also had food on the mind. Anyone that knows me, knows I’m a bit of a foodie, and while I’m normally not a chain restaurant girl – I have to say that the patio atmosphere felt like a local neighborhood patio – with super tasty food and drinks. It felt like a local spot to both me and Doug.
We ordered chips and cheese dip and then quesadillas, and we had one final after dinner drink before heading out. Overall, it was a lovely evening!
Hungry yet? I’m already craving my next return just putting this post together…
One last thing! Because I love making videos, I even made a little video of our outing! I hope you enjoy!
On The Border’s patio offered a great destination for date night. Great drinks, tasty food, and a relaxed atmosphere. There wasn’t any live music on the Thursday we ventured out, but every Thursday they will have live music on the patio, and they’ll also be switching up their playlist every week based on a survey they’ve asked fans on social to take via their website.
So, if you’re looking for a great location to chill out with friends this summer and have a few margaritas or the perfect location for a date night, check out all of these new offerings from On The Border! You’ll feel like you’re on vacation even though you’re still close to home.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of On The Border . The opinions and text are all mine.