Fox has cancelled Alcatraz and The Finder and added 5 new series to their 2012-2013 primetime line-up! Chuck‘s Zachary Levi’s half hour comedy pilot for the network Let It Go is now dead as well. New series joining the line-up include:
- Kevin Williamson’s new thriller, titled The Following, tells the story of a deranged serial killer played by James Purefoy. Thanks to the wonders of technology, he creates his own cult of murderers, and Kevin Bacon plays a retired FBI profiler who is tracking him down. The pilot filmed in Atlanta last month. No word yet if the series will continue to film there.
- The Office‘s Mindy Kaling’s new project titled It’s Messy. Kaling will play a Bridget Jones-esque character who is an OB/GYN trying to figure out and balance both her personal and professional life. Kaling will be departing The Office this season.
- The Mob Doctor follows a doctor working for the mafia in Chicago.
- Ben & Kate is a single camera comedy that tells the story of a single uptight mother whose brother moves in – in order to help her raise her daughter.
- From the master minds of How I Met Your Mother comes The Goodwin Games which is a comedy about three siblings who are have to reconnect in order to inherit their recently-passed father’s estate. The series stars Scott Foley and Jake Lacy.
Fox is schedule to present their 2012-2013 line-up on Monday to advertisers. More information on the new lineup will be available then! We’ll keep you posted with all the network’s Upfront presentations next week!
Let us know your thoughts on Fox’s decisions for the fall!