Did you binge all of Stranger Things Season 4 Part 1 in one day? And now you’re actively counting down the days until the series returns with its Season 4 conclusion? The first volume of the latest season dropped on May 27 with seven episodes. And those seven left fans asking, when does Stranger Things Season 4 Part 2 return?
Stranger Things Storyline
If you’re not familiar with the hit Netflix series, here’s what you need to know. Stranger Things is a science fiction horror drama series by the Duffer Brothers. The first season premiered on July 15, 2016, followed by the second one in 2017, the third in 2019, and the fourth installment this 2022.
It’s set during the 1980s in a fictional rural town in Hawkins, Indiana. The Hawkins National Laboratory conducts different scientific research for the Department of Energy of the US. However, the laboratory is also secretly experimenting on supernatural and paranormal elements, including those that involve test subjects on humans. Inadvertently, they created a portal or space to an alternate dimension which was called “the Upside Down.” Upside Down’s influence eventually disastrously affects Hawkins residents.
How long will Part 2 be?
The second volume will have two new episodes to wrap up the storylines in season four. The seventh episode was 1 hour and 39 minutes long. For the last two episodes, it will be about three hours long. The eighth episode, “Papa,” will run for approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes. Meanwhile, the finale’s title, “Piggyback,” will be 2 hours and 19 minutes long.
Stranger Things Season 4 Part 2 Trailer
Those who stayed until the closing of episode seven saw a surprise trailer for the last two episodes. It’s a thirty-second clip picking up right after Eleven sent Vecan/One in the Upside Down. The trailer also saw a glimpse of future scenes as Dr. Brenner looked at the remaining cracks from the already closed portal. Meanwhile, Nancy, Robin, and Steve looked at one of Vecna’s clocks inside the Upside Down. Additionally, the trailer also showed Eddie and Dustin decking out in makeshift armor.
Hopper, Murray, and Joyce might still be stuck in Russian for a little longer. They stood in front of a dusty museum where an Upside Down monster was inside. Also, they found a vast tank filled with a similar sandy spirit that appeared when the consciousness of the Mind Flayer left Will during Season 2.
What to expect from Season 4 Part 2?
While everyone is itching to know and asking, “when does Stranger Things Season 4 Part 2 return?”, the series’ creative team is also building the hype of the last two episodes. The group promised to continue the series’ growth in scale with every episode. Shawn Levy, the show’s executive producer, told Entertainment Weekly that volume two would be extraordinary.
Meanwhile, the actor behind Vecna, Jamie Campbell Bower, hinted that viewers would get more answers for his character’s back story and motivations. Campbell told The Hollywood Reporter that they would see more of Vecna’s human aspect.
“You still witness a bit more of an evolution — quite a bit more of an evolution, particularly for Vecna and Henry to Vecna.” Bower teases while trying to not give away spoilers.
Additionally Matt Duffer revealed that viewers would get some answers on whether the Upside Down froze in time on the same day Will was taken back during the series premiere. But not everything. He added that the final two episodes of season four would set the stage for significant revelations in the show’s last season.
When does Stranger Things Season 4 Part 2 return?
After releasing the first seven episodes of Season 4, Netflix will drop the final two episodes at midnight on July 1, 2022. It is basically just over a month after the premiere of the first volume. While the wait can be agonizing for some, the series typically has a shorter waiting time than other series.
Will all the characters survive Stranger Things Part 2?
Here’s a run down of all the characters to keep track of as we head in Part 2. Fan theories are rampant with whether or not all of these characters will survive the final two episodes. (Basically, we’re all worried that Steve won’t make it.)
“Everybody’s always worried about Steve. I love it,” Matt Duffer tells TVLine. “We always have to beat Steve up somehow, so certainly the Demobats have done that job pretty well already this season.”
A pretty vague and not comforting comment from Duffer, but at least we can see Steve in the latest photos that Netflix released of Part 2 (which is the the top image on this article).
Here’s the rundown on the characters we need to keep track of this season as we head into the final season of Stranger Things:
- Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers is the mother of Jonathan and Will Byers. During season two, she dated Bob, her high school classmate.
- David Harbour as Jim Hopper, who is the Hawking Police Department chief. The series also revealed that he and Joyce grew feelings for each other.
- Finn Wolfhard as Mike Wheeler is the middle child of Ted and Karen Wheeler. He is the brother of Holly and Nancy. Also, he is one of Will Byers’ three friends.
- Milly Bobby Brown plays the role of Jane Hopper/Eleven, a girl with psychokinetic and telepathic capabilities. She is a product of being a subject of Dr. Brenner’s experiment inside the Hawkins National Laboratory.
- Gaten Matarazzo plays the role of Dustin Henderson and one of the friends of Will Byers.
- Caleb McLaughlin as Lucas Sinclair. He is also one of Will’s friends. In season 4 four, he became more notable as he joined the basketball team of Hawkins High.
- Natalia Dyer plays the role of Nancy Wheeler. She is the older sister of Holly and Mike and the daughter of Karen and Ted.
- Charlie Heaton plays the role of Jonathan Byers, Will’s older brother and the son of Joyce. Also, he is Nancy Wheeler’s boyfriend.
- Joe Keery, who plays Steve Harrington, is a famous high school student who used to ostracize Jonathan Byers but later learns to befriend him.
- Noah Schnapp as Will Byers is Jonathan’s younger brother and Joyce’s son.
- Brett Gelman, who plays Murray Bauman, is a private investigator, conspiracy theorist, and Hopper’s long-time friend.
- Jamie Campbell Bower plays the role of Vecna/Henry Creel/One in the series’ fourth season.
When will be the final season of Stranger Things?
Stranger Things is confirmed to have its fifth and final season. However, they have yet to confirm the release date and filming schedules. The good thing here is that you will not be asking questions about “when does Stranger Things Season 4 return?” a little less than a month from now, they will drop the last two episodes. And while waiting for them, you can check out here for more information on the show!Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in