John Boyega has confirmed that the Attack the Block sequel is officially in the works.
The 30-year-old actor is set to reprise his role as Moses in the sci-fi comedy sequel and revealed that he has been developing ideas with director Joe Cornish with fans told to “expect some news soon”.
Speaking to Deadline at the premiere of Nope on Monday, July 18, John confirms “We’re in the lab. We’re cooking, we’re cooking. I sat down with Joe Cornish just literally a few weeks ago. So expect some news soon.”
“We’re still in development but we’re cooking something real sweet. We’ll have something soon.” he continued.
News of an Attack the Block sequel was revealed last year as Boyega confirmed that he would be returning to the part in which he made his movie debut in 2011.
“It’s been a decade since ‘Attack the Block’ was released and so much has changed since then,” the Star Wars actor said last year when the news dropped. “I’m excited to see this heightened story return to the streets of London. Moses has remained one of my favourite characters to play and bringing him back is a huge honor.”
“I’m thrilled we’re officially announcing our return to the world of ‘Attack the Block’ on the 10th anniversary of the film’s release,” director Joe Cornish added at the time. “I can’t wait to work alongside John again, bringing audiences an even bigger slice of inner-city alien action.”
The director had previously suggested that a sequel was possible as both he and John had “ideas” about a future film.
“We’ve got ideas. I met with John a couple of months ago to talk about it. We’ve always had ideas after the first one. But obviously, we’ve both been busy doing different things.” Cornish added.
Are you excited for the Attack the Block sequel? Sound off in our comment section below!Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in