F1 2012: Demo Impressions
F1 2012 released yesterday on the Xbox Live marketplace, and I was able to put in a few laps worth of time. To simply put it – download this demo now. If you are a fan of racing simulations then there is no reason for you not to be interested in this game. It fits the bill perfectly for a formula 1 racer. The gameplay is good to the point of where you can actually feel the race you are in and get a good sense of speed. It’s certainly worth experiencing and they provided for you a very good demo that gives you a great feel for the game. Also, I didn’t have the easiest time with the gameplay. It’s very challenging and will certainly put your patience and skill to the test. You’ll really need to play the game patiently with each corner or it will eat you up.
Below is a quick video from one of my first races. I had to restart a few times before I put together a decent race, but you can really see the sensation that this game offers for formula 1 and racing fans alike. You can also see the challenge that it presents you with and how bad it can be if you become overly aggressive, something that I had an issue with instead of being more patient with each turn. It really got to me at the end where I completely fell apart and lost control. The handling feels pretty good though and I am sure I’ll get better as I continue to play it further.
F1 2012 – Demo Gameplay Video (First Race)
I can’t wait to get more involved with F1 2012 when it releases next week on September 18th for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
• Features all the stars, cars and circuits from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™.
• The next game in the BAFTA award-winning series from Codemasters Racing Studios.
• Prove yourself in split-screen, co-op championships and online against 16 players plus 8 AI to simulate full 24 car grids.
• Debut ahead of the drivers at the new Circuit of The Americas, home of the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX.
• Make race-defining strategy calls as localized weather dynamically changes circuit conditions.
• Test yourself against the greats – take on six Drivers’ World Champions in dramatic racing challenges in Champions Mode.
• New Young Driver Test includes new tutorials to learn how to master motorsport’s most responsive cars.
• Can you hunt down glory in just ten races in Season Challenge?
• Use KERS and DRS for new attack and defense options –speed past rivals and defend your line.
• Race wheel-to-wheel with stars like Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso.