Already missing Comic-Con? We’re going to through withdrawal too, so we totally understand – and we have a solution for you!
One of the newest additions to to Comic-Con this year was Comic-Con HQ. The new premium digital network from Lionsgate and Comic-Con International provides a year-round destination for fans to experience their world-famous events and enjoy highly-curated content that celebrates all things pop culture.
Comic-Con HQ features original scripted and unscripted programming from talent such as Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk and PJ Haarsma (Con Man), Mark Hamill (Mark Hamill’s Pop Culture Quest), Ashley Eckstein (Her Universe Fashion Show), Supernatural stars Richard Speight Jr. and Rob Benedict (Kings of Con), Complex’s Collider (Film HQ) and world champion magician Jason Latimer (Impossible Science).
What’s the mission with the new endeavor? To enhance the on-site experience for the many fans attending San Diego Comic-Con, while welcoming countless more to participate in this incredible experience and stay connected to this amazing community all year long.
Take a look at the programming below!
Comic-Con HQ Programming
- Con Man: Con Man centers on the post-show life of Wray Nerely (Alan Tudyk) the co-star of “Spectrum,” a sci-fi series, which was canceled before its time and went on to become a cult classic beloved by fans. Wray’s good friend, Jack Moore (Nathan Fillion) starred as the series Captain and has gone on to become a major celebrity, while Wray (Tudyk) hasn’t found his desired level of stardom. Wray is the begrudging guest of sci-fi conventions, comic book store appearances, and different pop culture events; however, everything is not as it seems from the outside.
- Her Universe: Her Universe, hosted by founder and actress Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano on Star Wars The Clone Wars), is a reality alternative-fashion competition following contestants as they design their geek couture concepts for the catwalk of a live San Diego Comic-Con fashion show at this year’s Con. Her Universe is also a community for Fangirls to step into the spotlight and let their voices be heard!
- Kings of Con: Meet Rob & Rich, two men who are super famous… 13 weekends a year. Created by and starring Supernatural’s Rob Benedict and Richard Speight, Jr., Kings of Con is a comedy series set behind the scenes at fan conventions,where it turns out the nuttiest people are the actors paid to be there.
- Film HQ: Film HQ is your weekly deep dive into all things cinema. Join Collider’s film expert John Campea and friends as they tackle the big releases each week, industry news that audiences should know, and interview some of Hollywood’s biggest players.
- Mostly Harmless: Hosted by Steve Zaragoza and executive produced by Kevin Pereira, Mostly Harmless is a late night comedy talk show celebrating all things geek, featuring news, hilarious informed commentary, celebrity guests, passionate conversations about everything dear to us in pop culture, and a healthy dose of the unexpected.
- Adam Sessler and the Interesting People: Join Adam Sessler as he sits down with one of the world’s most interesting people to delve into their unique, extraordinary lives and careers, and whose stories you’ve never heard before.
- Impossible Science: On Impossible Science, World Champion of Magic, Jason Latimer will showcase how unbelievable concepts (in movies, books and magic) could actually appear in real life through mind-bending performances of illusion. Then, he’ll take us to meet the technological and scientific innovators whose work have breathed realism into ideas once thought of as pure fiction.
- Comics Trip: Hit the road and discover a new comic book shop every week, meet the people behind the brick and mortar labor of love, and catch up on comic news and hot releases. Featuring a special guest in each episode!
Want to check it out? Comic-Con HQ (available on the web, iOS, Android, Amazon and now Roku) is free for the first 30 days, and pricing after the first 30 days is only $5 a month or pay $50 for an annual pass and receive a digital bundle valued at over $200!Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in