Atlanta’s entertainment industry is continuing to boom with no signs of slowing. As such, we’ve decided to start bringing you a weekly round-up of filming locations and sightings around the city so that you all can stay abreast of the amazing growth in the industry (and know all the cool spots to hang out and do some celeb-watching…we’ve got your backs!).
Currently in Production:
–Insurgent, the sequel to Divergent, will film here over the next few months and this week signs were spotted around the Atlanta area, including the U.S. Penitentiary in Atlanta.
– Selma was filming in Marietta Square.
–The Walking Dead has been filming all over Griffin, GA this week.
– Walk In The Woods did some filming in Chamblee.
– Taken 3 filming signs were seen in midtown on West Peachtree St.
– Jimmy Buffett was in town for performing at Chastain Park this past week and was spotted at chowing down at Bistro Niko.
– Hines Ward caught a movie at Phipps Plaza on Tuesday.
– Oprah Winfrey was in spotted on the set of her film Selma on Wednesday.
Be sure to check back every Friday and see where some of your favorite tv shows, movies and stars have been spotted in Georgia.
Also, if there’s anything else you’d like to see included in the roundup, leave your ideas in the comments below.
Photo Credit: Summit EntertainmentRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in