October is right around the corner and you know what that means…plenty of horror movies on TV to keep you awake at night! Syfy is doing their fair share to supply fans with plenty of horror movies to choose from during their 8th annual 31 Days of Halloween celebration.
The network will air more than 600 hours of Halloween programming beginning October 1 and ending October 31, and of course, it wouldn’t be Syfy unless they included some of their own unique programming as well. Four original movies will premiere during the spook-a-thon, along with a range of films including Orphan, Insidious: Chapter 2, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning; Cabin In The Woods; The Omen (2006), Hostel and more.
All-new episodes of Syfy’s scripted series, Z Nation, Haven and Dominion (season 2 finale airs October 1), will air as well.
You can read more about the films and highlights from the 31 Days of Halloween below (via Syfy):
- Night of the Wild (New original movie, Saturday, October 3 at 9PM) –When a large meteor crashes into a quiet town, pet dogs become mysteriously aggressive, attacking and killing the residents. Night of the Wild stars Rob Morrow (Northern Exposure), Kelly Rutherford (Gossip Girl) and Tristin Mays (The Vampire Diaries).
- Ominous (New original movie, Saturday, October 10 at 9PM) — Michael and Rachel are devastated when their six-year-old son dies in a tragic accident. When a stranger offers to bring the boy back to life, they take the offer. However, the child who returns is not the child they once knew. Ominous stars Barry Watson (Masters of Sex, 7th Heaven) and Esme Bianco (Game of Thrones, The Magicians).
- They Found Hell (New original movie, Saturday, October 17 at 9PM) –When a group of gifted college students run a secret teleportation experiment, they accidentally open a portal to another dimension, trapping them in Hell. One by one they are hunted, tortured and killed by the denizens of Hell who are bent on stealing their souls.They Found Hell stars Chris Schellenger (Hacker’s Game), Katy Reece (When the Pile is Crooked) and Austin Scott (Prep School).
- The Hollow (New original movie, Saturday, October 24 at 9PM) — On Halloween, three troubled sisters attempt to find tranquility by moving in with their aunt, but instead face a mysterious creature that threatens to kill everyone on their secluded island town. The Hollow stars Stephanie Hunt (Californication), Alisha Newton (Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters) and Sarah Dugdale (Sorority Murders).
- Ghost Hunters Halloween Episode (Wednesday, October 28 at 9PM) –In this special Halloween episode, “Darker Learning,” Jason Hawes and the TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) team go on location to investigate the legend of a mysterious love triangle that could be at the root of frightening paranormal activity at Southern Vermont College in Bennington, VT.
- Paranormal Witness Halloween Episode (Wednesday, October 28 at 10PM) — The true story of a Rhode Island family’s terrifying battle with the spirit of a murderous witch in their home will be explored in this special episode of the series. Titled “The Real Conjuring,” the episode details the frightening basis for the hit 2013 movie The Conjuring, which will also air on Syfy Saturday, October 31 at 9PM.
*(ALL TIMES ET/PT)
Photo Credit: Syfy