An Inspiring Evening with Trilith Studios and the 2022 Reel People Care Gala
Early this month, I had the opportunity to attend the 2022 Reel People Care Gala at Trilith Studios. Trilith rolled out the red carpet for an evening of fun, philanthropy, and some amazing geeky photo ops!
For those not familiar with Trilith Studios (formally known as Pinewood Studios), it’s the second-largest purpose-built studio in North America. It houses a 700+ acre studio lot with 24 stages ranging from 15,000 to 40,000 sq. ft. and backlot! Not to mention, it’s the home to some of your favorite films and series (like Avengers: Endgame, WandaVision, Loki, The Suicide Squad, and so many more)!
Next to Trilith is the Town at Trilith, which includes 234 acres of “live, work, create” space, featuring 600 uniquely designed homes including custom residences, micro village homes, and multi-family, as well as an upcoming hotel. Altogether, it’s a pretty incredible community that came together for the 2022 Reel People Care Gala.
Prior to the start of the Gala, attendees were able to stroll the Marvel Museum (provided by Russell Bobbitt, Prop Master for Marvel Studios). We were able to take photos with the real Captain America shield, check out the interactive green screen, pose in the photo booth, and more. Once the event was fully underway, there was an amazing dinner, some incredible music, a rad silent auction, and some inspiring guests.
Over the course of the evening, over $400,000 was raised for various charity organizations – which (in FanBolt’s language) was the most geek-out worthy part of the evening!
2022 Charities Honored
The Gala was able to honor 21 charities, including the following:
- The Eden Project: A holistic, multi-disciplinary support network to facilitate reintegration for veterans and their families by addressing the fundamental issues of reintegration or career retention.
- Piedmont Fayette Hospital: The local 282-bed community hospital that has been hit hard by Covid and has worked so hard over the past couple of years.
- Coco’s Cupboard: Anon-profit humane society working to stem the tide of abandoned dogs and cats in the southern crescent of Atlanta.
- Leap for Literacy: A non-profit youth development organization in greater Atlanta where kids can earn books in exchange for acts of kindness while developing their reading and writing skills so that they grow up to be kind, well-read, accomplished adults.
- ExceptionalOPS: A full spectrum of high-quality local support options so that people with developmental disabilities or differences, and their families, have choices as they maximize joyful and productive lives.
Giving back and honoring local community members and organizations is a top priority for Trilith Studios. And to date, Trilith has raised over $5.5M for local charities since they began this annual Gala!
Learn more about Trilith on their website here, and keep your eyes and ears open for the 2023 Reel People Care Gala – it will be one you won’t want to miss!