Seth Rogen definitely had no regrets about The Interview before it was pulled from theaters, but has yet to make a statement since news broke.
Rogen stood by his controversial movie The Interview just weeks before it was axed due to terror threats.
The star co-wrote, co-directed and starred in the comedy about journalists who become part of a plot assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
It was originally scheduled for release on Christmas Day but bosses at production company Sony Pictures Entertainment scrapped it on Wednesday after activists at Guardians of Peace, who hacked into the movie giant’s databases, warned of possible terror attacks on cinemas screening the movie.
Before the threats were issued, Rogen gave an interview to a writer at TheHill.com and insisted he had no regrets about making the movie.
He said, “No (I don’t regret it), not at all. I think it’s really funny. It’s silly, it’s not like a serious, political – it’s not like Argo… We didn’t make up anything. It’s all real… We talked to people who did go there. They said it was f**king weird. (That) was kind of the overall vibe: it was weird as hell.”
While a number of celebrities have condemned Sony executives for pulling the plug on the movie, Rogen and his co-star James Franco have so far remained silent on the news.
Rogen refused to be drawn on the topic when quizzed by a TMZ reporter at Los Angeles International Airport on Wednesday night.
Sony bosses currently have no plans to release it straight to DVD or online.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is looking into the threats.